Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Global political discussions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-07-2018, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
No
You should have stopped right there, but apparently you just can't help yourself.

Quote:
, but I know Germany probably about as well as you know the state of Michigan, having lived there for 11 years and returned there to visit friends and family every two years or so for the past couple of decades. And an assertion on the stump by a politician is not synonymous with an admission of fact by a politician about something undesirable or unsavory. Trump makes hundreds of untrue assertions, but has never been caught once admitting the truth about anything.
Well, good for you that you can read Merkel's mind and know the difference when she makes and assertion versus an admission. Now, the guys in the white jackets will be stopping by soon to visit you. Try not to bite any of them when they put you under restraint.
Old 03-07-2018, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Whell is like his Dear Leader, completely unable / unwilling to admit that he’s wrong. SAD!
What, you're a mind reader too?
Old 03-07-2018, 12:48 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Well, good for you that you can read Merkel's mind and know the difference when she makes and assertion versus an admission. Now, the guys in the white jackets will be stopping by soon to visit you. Try not to bite any of them when they put you under restraint.
So, you know it to be true that no-go zones exist in Germany where police are afraid to go? Where exactly are they?

Last edited by finnbow; 03-07-2018 at 12:54 PM.
Old 03-07-2018, 05:03 PM

Quote:
So, you know it to be true that no-go zones exist in Germany where police are afraid to go? Where exactly are they?
Ah, the old "make 'em go find something and then I'll deny it" strategy. Not an original tactic, but I'll give you credit for trying.

There have been a number of stories on this in both the US and German press. Here's one for ya, and there are many others.

http://www.dw.com/en/berlin-24-7-pro...ity/a-36774477

On a rainy afternoon, I ride my bike to the Soldiner neighborhood in Berlin's Wedding district. Here, according to media reports, the DHL postal service refuses to deliver packages following attacks on its drivers. There have also been skirmishes between the police and residents.

In one instance, a throng of people yelling "Get out of here, this is our street!" formed around police officers interrogating an 11-year-old boy - a known multiple offender. I saw it happen on a cell phone video filmed by one of the boy's supporters. You could feel the aggression and the lack of respect for the police.
Old 03-07-2018, 05:07 PM

Quote:
police officers interrogating an 11-year-old boy

So, obviously not a “no-go Zone”, as the cops were, quite clearly, there.
Old 03-07-2018, 06:37 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Ah, the old "make 'em go find something and then I'll deny it" strategy. Not an original tactic, but I'll give you credit for trying.

There have been a number of stories on this in both the US and German press. Here's one for ya, and there are many others.

http://www.dw.com/en/berlin-24-7-pro...ity/a-36774477

On a rainy afternoon, I ride my bike to the Soldiner neighborhood in Berlin's Wedding district. Here, according to media reports, the DHL postal service refuses to deliver packages following attacks on its drivers. There have also been skirmishes between the police and residents.

In one instance, a throng of people yelling "Get out of here, this is our street!" formed around police officers interrogating an 11-year-old boy - a known multiple offender. I saw it happen on a cell phone video filmed by one of the boy's supporters. You could feel the aggression and the lack of respect for the police.
Sounds like large parts of Detroit (or Baltimore or New Orleans or St. Louis or DC or Chicago ...), except these cities are full of guns, unlike Berlin. You sure get spun up over the idea of a brown-skinned 11 year-old disrespecting the cops. At least the German cops have cool enough heads not to mow the kid down with three warning shots to the back of the head.

Last edited by finnbow; 03-07-2018 at 06:44 PM.
Old 03-08-2018, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Sounds like large parts of Detroit (or Baltimore or New Orleans or St. Louis or DC or Chicago ...), except these cities are full of guns, unlike Berlin. You sure get spun up over the idea of a brown-skinned 11 year-old disrespecting the cops. At least the German cops have cool enough heads not to mow the kid down with three warning shots to the back of the head.
I'm spun up? LOL. Have you read some of your posts lately?

We don't have crowds routinely descending on police for routine stops here in Detroit, so I guess you're blowing more smoke out your ample posterior again.
Old 03-08-2018, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
So, obviously not a “no-go Zone”, as the cops were, quite clearly, there.
Yeah, and look what happened when they went there. Sheesh!
Old 03-08-2018, 09:31 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
I'm spun up? LOL. Have you read some of your posts lately?

We don't have crowds routinely descending on police for routine stops here in Detroit, so I guess you're blowing more smoke out your ample posterior again.
I'm just trying to get some real facts to you instead of all the breathless wingnut garbage you consider news in an effort to help you escape from your cycle of gullible wingnuttery and continued embarrassment as you get your ass handed to you here on a daily basis.

As for a comparison of crime and shootings involving cops in Germany and the US,

According to the Washington Post's database of fatal police shootings, 990 people were killed in 2015. In Germany, ten people were killed by police last year, according to a report on Thursday by publishing group Funke Mediengruppe, citing figures from the German Police University.

That means that while the population of the US is roughly four times that of Germany, the number of fatal police shootings there is about 100 times greater.

https://www.thelocal.de/20160922/nea...-10-in-germany

Accordingly, it's obvious that Germany is orders of magnitude safer than the US in terms of what actions police need to take to defend themselves from dangerous criminals. The premise of your OP is ridiculous garbage intended to defend your Dear Leader's animosity towards (and bullshit lies about) Muslims. Fail. Bigly.

Last edited by finnbow; 03-08-2018 at 09:46 AM.
Old 03-08-2018, 03:07 PM

Quote:
I'm just trying to get some real facts to you instead of all the breathless wingnut garbage you consider news in an effort to help you escape from your cycle of gullible wingnuttery and continued embarrassment as you get your ass handed to you here on a daily basis.
No, you're trying to get out your spin on the facts. You want to dispute Merkel's comments, drawing apparently on your "vast" knowledge of German culture, crime, and your ability to read Merkel's mind.

Oh, and I love the fact that you consider WaPo "garbage news", since that's the source of the story in the OP.