Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-22-2016, 09:58 AM
Persona non grata

Ted Cruz flubs his family's health insurance and (naturally) blames Obamacare

http://www.latimes.com/business/hilt...21-column.html

Quote:
Ted Cruz (R-Texas), a candidate for the GOP presidential nomination, has revealed on the campaign trail that his family no longer is covered by health insurance.

Naturally, he blames the Affordable Care Act: "I’ll tell you, you know who one of those millions of Americans is who’s lost their healthcare because of Obamacare? That would be me," he told an audience in Manchester, N.H., according to Politico. "I don’t have healthcare right now."

If you pay attention, however, you'll discover that Cruz’s quandary is entirely his own fault. His, and his Republican colleagues in the Senate.

more
Old 01-22-2016, 11:39 AM

I am appalled that this guy is considered smart. Book smarts maybe with his two Ivy League degrees, but a moron in actuality. He gave Trump new fodder to be scorned and belittled. As a member of congress he is eligible for healthcare (employer funded healthcare) and should not be dependent on Obamacare.

So basically a cheap shot at Obamacare which is now passe.
Old 01-22-2016, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post
I am appalled that this guy is considered smart. Book smarts maybe with his two Ivy League degrees, but a moron in actuality. He gave Trump new fodder to be scorned and belittled. As a member of congress he is eligible for healthcare (employer funded healthcare) and should not be dependent on Obamacare.

He is smart, as in evil scientist-manipulator smart. His audience is the older, less educated demographic who tend to believe in conspiracy theories...same audience that listens to Limbaugh and watches Pat Robertson.

He is a Princeton-Harvard Ivy league snob trying to pass himself off as something he is not. That is why everyone hates him. Plus he is not above lying about Americans like McCarthy used to do during the Red Scare of the 1950s.
Old 01-22-2016, 01:01 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
He is smart, as in evil scientist-manipulator smart. His audience is the older, less educated demographic who tend to believe in conspiracy theories...same audience that listens to Limbaugh and watches Pat Robertson.

He is a Princeton-Harvard Ivy league snob trying to pass himself off as something he is not. That is why everyone hates him. Plus he is not above lying about Americans like McCarthy used to do during the Red Scare of the 1950s.
I'm usually quite hesitant to use the word "evil" to describe anyone. However, it applies in spades to Cruz. Trump is a narcissistic blowhard and a clown, but Cruz in evil incarnate.
Old 01-22-2016, 02:24 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post

On top of that, his two little girls now have no health insurance because their daddy dropped the ball. Way to take care of your family Ted.

Old 01-22-2016, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I'm usually quite hesitant to use the word "evil" to describe anyone. However, it applies in spades to Cruz. Trump is a narcissistic blowhard and a clown, but Cruz in evil incarnate.
Lying about Chuck Hegel was particularly odious and disqualifies him permanently for me.
Old 01-22-2016, 03:54 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Lying about Chuck Hegel was particularly odious and disqualifies him permanently for me.
I'm definitely not one to support the notion of Hillary being honest (she most assuredly isn't), but what puzzles me is the main complaint from Hillary-haters (i.e., she's dishonest/a liar) applies even more so to Trump or Cruz whose serial lies are applauded and portrayed as "telling it like it is."
Old 01-22-2016, 04:56 PM

Quote:
I think engineering the government shut-down was a lot worse. Objectively, Hagen suffered no lasting harm from Cruz's slime job but a lot of people were harmed by the shut-down and its aftermath.
Old 01-22-2016, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I'm definitely not one to support the notion of Hillary being honest (she most assuredly isn't), but what puzzles me is the main complaint from Hillary-haters (i.e., she's dishonest/a liar) applies even more so to Trump or Cruz whose serial lies are applauded and portrayed as "telling it like it is."
I guess it is all about who you like...if you hate the other guy so much it is ok if you are not bothered about the truth.
Old 01-22-2016, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
I think engineering the government shut-down was a lot worse. Objectively, Hagen suffered no lasting harm from Cruz's slime job but a lot of people were harmed by the shut-down and its aftermath.
I can't believe people have sort of forgotten that. I think it is assumed he would never get the votes of the those hurt by the shutdown anyway so no one talks about it much but of course if he was picked as the nominee it would be a major issue against him.

I hate it when he calls the DC the "Washington Cartel" to me that is unpatriotic and anti-American.