Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Religion & Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:36 AM
Resident octogenarian

As far as we are concerned (my formerly RC wife and former Methodist me) churches no longer follow Christ's teachings but spend all their time and money ensuring their own survival. When Ratzinger's Bish's jumped all over the nuns I believe he may well be the last papa. These ladies are the ones looking after the sick and poor as Jesus taught, I'm believe this hornets nest is going to be fun to watch.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:02 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCricket View Post
Agreed, but my point was that Catholicism actual became a church under Constaninople. Before this it was christians. In other words the entire life of the church as an organized religion was born from politics, not from religious beliefs. The religious beliefs were simply the tool used to control the masses.

This is one of hte main reasons I became an angnostic. There is simply no way a church founded on politics but preaching religion can hold an ethical line and provide the truth about "God". It is the ultimate perversion of virtue and ethics.
I see and concur.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:00 AM

Praise god!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
It's a great mystery. Even Jesus often spoke in riddles only explained to his closest, and Satan would surely like to confuse us. Most of what we think is probably wrong. After all we are corrupt. I wouldn't put too much stock in books, although I really liked 'The Perversion of Christianity'. The key is remembering the scales are balanced, our sins have been atoned by a blood sacrifice. No translation error or misunderstanding will change that. If the good Lord forgives the big stuff he'll certainly forgive the little stuff.

I think the big question is why, why were we created... there is no answer revealed as of yet.

We'll know soon enough So, 'When you reach, that golden city, friends and loved ones you will see. When the saints, come out to meet you.... Shake my mothers' hand for me.'

Cheers!

We were created to Praise the Lord. By our own free will. Because of the atoning sacrifice he made for us.

We could find no way. But Jesus did. And with our accepting of it we are given a cloak of righteousness. The very righteousness of GOD.

Im not pefect at all. i have many short comings. But jesus paved teh way.

Now lets remember the prayer between the pharisee and the publican...read the bible or even google it if ya wanna cheat. the outcome is the same! And together HALLELUJAH!
EDIT ---I QUOTED YOU BUT WROTE IN THE WRONG SECTION
Pete
yay!:d NOW BACK TO READ THIS THREAD WHERE I LEFT OFF. sorry for yelling.

Christianity is mistaken co much for a religion. What it shoud be is a relationship between the believer and the L relationship with your prayers. like you and i talk...ord.

Last edited by budgetaudio6; 05-21-2012 at 01:08 AM.