Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-04-2018, 09:05 PM
Admin

Bob Woodward Strikes Again - 'Fear'

'Fear' is coming out in 7 days and the Trump regime is already running scared.

I can't wait to read it.
Old 09-04-2018, 10:37 PM

The fear from Team Trump is that Bob Woodward has a lot of credibility and Dotard will have a tough time discrediting him, and chances are that his GOP enablers will mostly stay silent. This expose may also give the Repugnants an opportunity to distance themselves from Trump, the cowards that they be.

Either way, fun, games and fireworks in the WH for the next week or so. Sarah HS may break out in hives from all her contortions and denials.
Old 09-04-2018, 10:55 PM

^^ I was wrong, some Southern Senators are speaking out in support of Sessions.

Southern Republican senators defended Jeff Sessions after an explosive new book by Bob Woodward recounted how President Trump called his attorney general a “dumb Southerner” and mocked his accent.

In the forthcoming chronicle of Trump’s White House, “Fear,” Woodward writes that the president privately called Sessions a “traitor,” saying: “This guy is mentally retarded. He’s this dumb Southerner . . . He couldn’t even be a one-person country lawyer down in Alabama.”

I agree with that assessment but isn't that the reason Trump chose Sessions as AG instead of a more accomplished and respected attorney?

Trump denial via Twitter, as if anyone would believe him.
Quote:
“The already discredited Woodward book, so many lies and phony sources, has me calling Jeff Sessions ‘mentally retarded’ and ‘a dumb southerner.’ I said NEITHER, never used those terms on anyone, including Jeff, and being a southerner is a GREAT thing. He made this up to divide!” the president said.
Only one discredited is the Dotard and that too by his own top people in the administration. That must sting. Now for the comments from some Southerns who by responding are tacitly acknowledging Woodward's story.

“I’m a Southerner, people can judge my intellect, my IQ, by my product and what I produce rather than what somebody else says,” Sen. Johnny Isakson (R-Ga.) said in an interview.

“We’re a pretty smart bunch. We lost the Civil War, but I think we’re winning the economic war since then . . . I’m not gonna get into name calling because I don’t think you should be allowed to call names — including the president,” he added.

Sen. Richard C. Shelby (R-Ala.), who served alongside Sessions during his 20 years as senator for Alabama, said: “Well, I’m sure I’ve got that accent, wouldn’t you think?”

He pointed out that Trump himself relied on Southern voters during the 2016 general election, warning: “I guess the president, he says what he thinks . . . I think the president’s probably got a lot of respect for the South, I hope so. He did well there. Without the South he wouldn’t be the president of the United States.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...=.29dc757cc879
Old 09-05-2018, 12:40 AM

Woodward taped all his interviews. Some of it is third party, allowing Mattis & Kelly to deny they said what they certainly said. Only Whell-like idjits will believe the denials. Woodward's credibility is FAR better than that of anyone in this corrupt administration.

Will be interesting to see how many of Omarosa's recordings will back up Woordward's reporting. Ugly Sara will be lying through her teeth, as always, very soon.
Old 09-05-2018, 01:12 AM

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Only the Obama WH can get away with attacking Bob Woodward.
12:04 PM · Mar 1, 2013
Old 09-05-2018, 06:30 AM

Nothing new here to enlighten the public, of those paying any if only cursory nursery attention. Knowing full well the turmoil and chaos, pandemonium of those working there.

Barney
Old 09-05-2018, 10:11 AM

Donny is unfit for office. Bob Woodward’s ‘Fear’ confirms it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...r-confirms-it/

Quote:
By Max Boot
Columnist
September 4 at 3:09 PM
If you take seriously the revelations in Bob Woodward’s book “Fear” — and how can you not, given Woodward’s nearly half-century of scoops about Washington’s elite? — then it’s time for President Trump to be removed from office via the 25th Amendment because he is clearly “unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office.” That will never happen, because the Cabinet is packed with Trump toadies who compete with each other to deliver the most fawning praise of their supreme leader. But on the merits, it should happen.
Quote:
Kelly is right. We really are in Crazytown. But Trump is far from the craziest person in town. His defects are no secret — they were obvious before his election. The really crazy people are the Republicans who think we should continue to entrust a man manifestly unfit to be Queens Borough president with the presidency of the United States of America.
You listening, Whell?

Last edited by Chicks; 09-05-2018 at 10:14 AM.
Old 09-05-2018, 12:41 PM

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
6h
Isn’t it a shame that someone can write an article or book, totally make up stories and form a picture of a person that is literally the exact opposite of the fact, and get away with it without retribution or cost. Don’t know why Washington politicians don’t change libel laws?

UNITE, RESIST & FIGHT
@stopthenutjob
Replying to @realDonaldTrump
Documented lies of Donald Trump: since in office 4720 and counting
Documented lies of Bob Woodward since his career began: zero

You choose who to believe.
4:39 AM · Sep 5, 2018
Old 09-05-2018, 01:45 PM
Admin

"The West Wing came to a virtual standstill yesterday after The Washington Post published the first excerpts of Bob Woodward’s upcoming book, Fear. The book by the veteran White House chronicler portrays Donald Trump as an unhinged and ill-informed commander in chief surrounded by aides who doubt his intelligence and question his fitness for office. “It’s pandemonium. He literally isn’t talking to anyone. He’s canceled meetings and is on the phone calling up his friends,” one source said. Current and former staffers, meanwhile, pointed fingers in all directions as they sought to deflect blame for the damaging leaks. “I’d rather be an unapologetic defender of Donald Trump than Judas,” one West Wing official told me." Vanity Fair

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018...social_twitter

Good lord. If half of what we read is true, this nut we have in the Oval office is about ready to start gnawing on the Resolute Desk. Meanwhile, he's giving long interviews with the Daily Caller. (rolls eyes)
Old 09-05-2018, 04:23 PM

Next expose by Bob Woodward on DJT will be aptly titled Unhinged.