Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-30-2012, 02:24 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

From OWS to O anything.

So the OWS was going to O a empty building.

OK... they were also planning on O the airport, O city hall and O the port.

My question - at what point is the use of tear gas, pepper spray, tasers, and batons justified?

Pete
Old 01-30-2012, 02:29 PM
Resident octogenarian

Unless the get unruly and start destroying property none of the above is justified, unless they have repealed the First Amendment
Old 01-30-2012, 02:42 PM
Area Man

I would say the shenanigans in Oakland over the weekend might warrant stronger action. I hate to admit it, but at first I was in agreement with the basic message. Then as I watched police take what I still think was excessive force (initially) my support for OWS grew. Even when they started fighting back.....eh, a little rough stuff don't bother me.

But, now I think they're tearing shit up just to be doing it. At least out in Oakland and a few other places. The ones we had here were extremely mild in comparison.

I think all of the stupidity arises from having no organization, no leaders or structure at all. I watched the two "activists" on Bill Moyers website. Ummmmmm, yeah....the whole "leaderless" concept is just anarchy and mayhem....won't get them anywhere. The unions are pulling out.......

It's time to tell them straight up to calm down, get serious, get better organized and work within the system as best you can.............or go to jail.

Sad, really.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 01-30-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:46 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Unless the get unruly and start destroying property none of the above is justified, unless they have repealed the First Amendment
That's just it, Rob. In some parts of the country it has turned very ugly. You have to follow it on the internet. The cable news networks are slanting it like crazy. Some white-washing, some making it out to be much worse. But no one is telling the truth.

Here in Va. We've had no problem with them. They're here, but relatively very mild. Cali........Not so good.

Dave
Old 01-30-2012, 02:54 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
That's just it, Rob. In some parts of the country it has turned very ugly. You have to follow it on the internet. The cable news networks are slanting it like crazy. Some white-washing, some making it out to be much worse. But no one is telling the truth.

Here in Va. We've had no problem with them. They're here, but relatively very mild. Cali........Not so good.

Dave
Yes but when the police turn up in riot gear everything looks like a riot. We really need to send many of our police forces to an anger management class.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:05 PM
Admin

Quote:

Dave
Oakland (aka the peoples republic of Oakland) is but a tiny part of the Occupy movement in California but gets a lot of press (Fox, CNN)
Why is it that I keep seeing Ca. as Cali? Cali is a bordertown in Mexico run by the Cartels. I think that I'll start calling Va.- Vagina and so on. Don't get me started on the eastern shore of Maryland either.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:10 PM
Loyal Opposition

We can't forget that Oakland is . . . well . . .Oakland. Have you ever observed the decorum on Sunday afternoons at the Forum. I would not take Oakland as representative of anyone else from this planet. (Disclaimer: This comes from a Chiefs fan.)

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 01-30-2012, 03:56 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Oakland (aka the peoples republic of Oakland) is but a tiny part of the Occupy movement in California but gets a lot of press (Fox, CNN)
Why is it that I keep seeing Ca. as Cali? Cali is a bordertown in Mexico run by the Cartels. I think that I'll start calling Va.- Vagina and so on. Don't get me started on the eastern shore of Maryland either.
I'm not sure where I picked that up. Probably television. I know when I lived in San Diego nobody called it that. Hmmmmmmm.......

As far as the Va = Vagina thing, I have heard that. Actually, what i've heard is Virginia Beach called Vagina Beach, Vagina Bitch or even Vaginal Itch.

Dave
Old 01-30-2012, 04:13 PM
Admin

Quote:
I'm not sure where I picked that up. Probably television. I know when I lived in San Diego nobody called it that. Hmmmmmmm.......

As far as the Va = Vagina thing, I have heard that. Actually, what i've heard is Virginia Beach called Vagina Beach, Vagina Bitch or even Vaginal Itch.

Dave
MMMBwahahahaha.... I went to Ocean City for the crabs, the only town that sold Pyronate A200 in the liquor stores.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Yes but when the police turn up in riot gear everything looks like a riot. We really need to send many of our police forces to an anger management class.
Every cop I ever met at a TEA Party event just smiled at me. Maybe it's a Kansas thing, or maybe it's a not breaking the law or threatening them thing, who knows?