Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:48 AM
Resident octogenarian

Sorry but there is no time and place for no-knock, it is a complete violation of the 4th and 6th ammendments.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:17 PM

No Knock

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Sorry but there is no time and place for no-knock, it is a complete violation of the 4th and 6th ammendments.
You know what Merrylander, I'm not inclined to argue the point with you.

I also know there are a few folks that I wouldn't want to walk up and knock on their door, then tell them that I had a warrant for their arrest. I had an old buddy (dead now), deputy with more felony busts than almost any cop in the state. After a while, he just started calling people up on the phone, and told them to get their ass down to the jail because he wanted to talk to them. I think they all came. But there were a few he didn't try this on.

99% of the time, you're not dealing with a mad dog killer, and there is no need for a no knock. Most of the time, no knocks are issued to keep the suspect from destroying evidence. Which brings up the question, if you don't have enough evidence to arrest them in the 1st place, then why in the hell ARE you arresting them in the 1st place.

If I were to make a case against no knocks, it would be the CF that the convenience store people (ATF) pulled down in Waco. Those assholes were putting on the dog, even had the media there to record it. Kind of like one of those crappy reality police TV shows.

All that was needed to be done was to send a deputy down to knock on the door, say "David, I've got a warrant for your arrest, let's go down to the station and clear this up." And 90 some people would still be alive.

BTW, I don't remember the Feds ever coming up with even ONE example of a weapon that was illegally modified to fire full automatic. Then again, didn't they bulldoze the place after a couple of days? Looks to me that they weren't looking for evidence, they were trying to destroy it.

But pay no attention to me, I took an online personality test, and it said that I was paranoid. I wonder who writes that crap, they must live a sheltered life,

Chas
Old 05-30-2009, 08:06 AM
Resident octogenarian

Then there were the cases where they broke into houses with no warning and the homeowners trying to defend their homes were shot.

Or the one in DC where one of the kids was in jail for pushing drugs so they guessed that the whole family was involved. Actually the family was clean but they busted down the door and did not find a thing. When asked by the homeowner who was going to fix the door they said that's your problem (*goodbye fourth). When they asked who had said they were doing drugs the cops said we can't tell you (goodbye sixth). And an even more recent case in this area where they burst into the mayor's home and shot two dogs, then it turns out that it was the police who mailed a box of mary jane to his house - he had not opened it BTW. Serve and protect? Yeah most of them do, but not the drug busters, you see if they 'find' drugs on the premises they get to keep the house, the furniture, the cars, etc.

Last edited by merrylander; 06-07-2009 at 03:53 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:44 AM
Abby Normal

We may want to reevaluate just what is going on.

http://www.fff.org/freedom/1093c.asp
Old 05-30-2009, 02:09 PM

Asset Forfeiture

Like the old saying goes, things like that can't happen in a free country.

Chas