We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2016, 01:06 PM
Persona non grata

Internet useage caps.

Got this notice in my email yesterday.

Quote:
Beginning on May 23, 2016, we will be increasing the U-verse® Internet data allowance for many customers. After a grace period, and as our agreement provides, there's a $10 charge for each 50GB of data you use over the allowance amount. The maximum overage charge will be $100/mo. If you choose to bundle your U-verse Internet with DIRECTV® or U-verse TV you will be provided an unlimited Internet data allowance with a $30 value at no additional charge, as a benefit of bundling. Or if you choose, an unlimited allowance is available for purchase as an optional bolt-on to your Internet service for an additional $30/mo.
Apparently my Internet Plan has had a data useage cap of 250 Gig/Month which has never been enforced. I was totally unaware of it. Anyway, the good news is that my cap is going to be increased to 600 gigs/Month. The bad news is that they are now going to charge extra if I go over it. 600 gigs sounds like a lot, but I do loves me some Netflix binge watching. I have no clue how much I've been using. Guess I'll find out.