Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 09:10 PM

Our ruling

Kelly said that Wilson "stood up there ... and talked about how she was instrumental in getting the funding for that building, and how she took care of her constituents because she got the money, and she just called up President Obama, and on that phone call he gave the money -- the $20 million -- to build the building. And she sat down."

However, in her speech, Wilson didn’t mention funding for the building, much less claim credit for it or tell the audience how she leveraged influence with Obama to secure it.

Wilson did describe how she helped secure legislation to name the building for two slain agents, but Kelly’s description leaves out that the FBI pressed her to make that effort and that she shared credit with several other lawmakers, including the Republican House speaker and Florida’s Republican senator. Wilson also spoke at some length about the bravery of the slain agents and the FBI in general.
We rate Kelly’s statement False.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...lsons-2015-sp/

Old 10-21-2017, 09:50 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlV View Post
Our ruling

Kelly said that Wilson "stood up there ... and talked about how she was instrumental in getting the funding for that building, and how she took care of her constituents because she got the money, and she just called up President Obama, and on that phone call he gave the money -- the $20 million -- to build the building. And she sat down."

However, in her speech, Wilson didn’t mention funding for the building, much less claim credit for it or tell the audience how she leveraged influence with Obama to secure it.

Wilson did describe how she helped secure legislation to name the building for two slain agents, but Kelly’s description leaves out that the FBI pressed her to make that effort and that she shared credit with several other lawmakers, including the Republican House speaker and Florida’s Republican senator. Wilson also spoke at some length about the bravery of the slain agents and the FBI in general.

Heh. What did you think--someone with actual honor and integrity would stick up for Trump?

Kelly is dangerous though--in his own mind, he is honorable, and the guardian of the nation's honor, in which holy cause ANY means are justified.
Old 10-21-2017, 11:51 PM
Admin

http://www.rollcall.com/news/politic...-casualty-list

Turns out that Trump and Kelly are lying sacks of shit. No surprise there.
Old 10-22-2017, 12:56 AM
Admin

"In an extraordinary — albeit veiled — attack, former President George W. Bush delivered a scathing assessment Thursday of President Trump and his policies, suggesting he has promoted bigotry and falsehoods to the detriment of the country and its values.

Speaking at a policy seminar in New York, the nation’s 43rd president never mentioned Trump by name. But his target was unmistakable.
“We have seen our discourse degraded by casual cruelty,” Bush said. “We’ve seen nationalism distorted into nativism. Forgotten the dynamism that immigration has always brought to America.”

“Bullying and prejudice in our public life sets a national tone, provides permission for cruelty and bigotry, and compromises the moral education of children,” he said at another point. “The only way to pass along civic values is to first live up to them.”

The remarks were an exceptional breach of the protocol governing post-presidential behavior — be seen and rarely heard — and were especially striking coming from Bush. He has gone to great lengths ignoring repeated provocations from Trump, who savaged the former president’s younger brother Jeb in the 2016 campaign and often assailed Bush’s administration.

“He has, as matter of principle, made it a point not to comment on ongoing matters of political interest. I actually heard him in person talk about this,” said Russell Riley, co-chairman of the Presidential Oral History Program at the University of Virginia’s Miller Center. “I think he wouldn’t do this unless he felt obligated to do so.”

Some who know Bush suggest he reached a breaking point and felt it no longer tenable to ignore Trump’s daily trampling of political and presidential norms.

“I think Trump has stretched the bounds of decency to a point where Bush is highly offended on the part of the nation," said Don Sipple, a political ad maker who helped elect Bush governor of Texas and has periodically been in touch with the former president. “Bush is a traditionalist, and I think he thinks the presidency is being besmirched.” LA Times

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-n...019-story.html

Never thought I'd have any admiration for that bloody smirking chimpanzee, Gee Dubya but there it is.
Old 10-22-2017, 06:45 AM
Ready

As presidents go, GWB was and is flawed. His intellectual understanding is limited, and his leadership talents practically non-existent. In office, he was always dominated by stronger men. Still, he has some actual ideals, which makes him a paragon of virtue compared to Trump. And, being out of the game, he is free of the ambition and interests and influencers that would surely have him singing a different tune, were he in it.
Old 10-22-2017, 09:07 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
As presidents go, GWB was and is flawed. His intellectual understanding is limited, and his leadership talents practically non-existent. In office, he was always dominated by stronger men. Still, he has some actual ideals, which makes him a paragon of virtue compared to Trump. And, being out of the game, he is free of the ambition and interests and influencers that would surely have him singing a different tune, were he in it.
Damn! Don Q you almost totaled my wife's favorite Bush. She says he walks with a swagger and she likes his pronunciation of "nuclear".
Old 10-22-2017, 09:28 AM

"A deranged animal": Trump’s newest lie about Obama is causing fury inside and outside the military

Trump says he loves the military. His latest assault on Obama shows that he doesn’t.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ilitary-tweets
Old 10-22-2017, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlV View Post
Our ruling

Kelly has discredited himself with his involvement in this affair with this easily disproved blatant fabrication to exploit another solemn occasion in order to sully a critic of the fake POTUS, and his failure to mention his being a guest of honor at a President Obama sponsored White House dinner for Gold Star families is disingenuous.
He has made his own mess of the fake POTUS' mess, and it is up to him to own up to it and clean it up, or not.
We'll see about "honor'.

Last edited by Pio1980; 10-22-2017 at 01:50 PM.
Old 10-22-2017, 12:14 PM
Mutated Member

The weaker Trump's libido gets, the more he needs to tweet. Tweeting as a subistitute for jerking. This is what I thought when I checked his latest about 30 tweets.

The tweets look like the puberty acne of a senile man.

Last edited by HarmanKardon; 10-22-2017 at 12:17 PM.
Old 10-22-2017, 01:37 PM

http://crooksandliars.com/2017/10/di...-americas-most