Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-04-2010, 12:59 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
And in time the non-union people lose their jobs because it can be done cheaper yet in other countries. Then our politicians, at the behest of business owners and corporate executives, turn around and tell us that the only way to bring work back into this country is to be even cheaper than the foreigners. And the wing-nuts cheer because Rush has old them American workers are "Lazy and Overpaid", and they say, "See, Rush was right! We are lazy and overpaid, haha! Dittos, Rush! Fuck the American worker!"
Disregarding the fact that they are American workers themselves, of course.

This is whay I always say, "Go ahead, Skippy. Be the first to work harder for less money than a Chinaman. Show us the way, Bud." When I hear this stupidity.

Dave
Dave
By now you should realize, the rich are hard working and the poor are lazy.
The working poor are teabaggers.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:22 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
Dave
By now you should realize, the rich are hard working and the poor are lazy.
The working poor are teabaggers.

Oh, I know. And traced to it's root, you will find it usually comes from someone who gets tens or even hundreds of millions to sit on his/her ass in front of a microphone/camera and bitch about how bad the wealthy have it.

And where do you suppose all of that money comes from and why?
Who could be paying them to keep us all ashamed of ourselves for expecting a decent wage and a few bennies? It's not me, that's for damned sure. Being a mechanic pays well, but certainly not enough to buy any top flight propagandists like Hannity, or Boortz, or Coulter and sure as hell not Limbaugh.

Thought bubble;

(Hmmmmmm? I don't think it would be the unions, they hate those guys. Environme....no, no. The governm.....nah, well maybe Republicans might kick them a few private donations or behind the scenes type deals, but that's not really the gov..... Maybe it's............Ah Hah! The people who pay the labor costs? I might just be on to something there!)

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 01-04-2010 at 01:31 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:52 PM
Resident octogenarian

Can you say Murdoch?
Old 01-04-2010, 07:13 PM
Area Man

Yeah, Murdoch. He would be the puppeteer, but who picked him to
run the show?

Maybe this belongs in "Conspiracy theories"?

Yeah.

Dave
Old 01-04-2010, 09:05 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Yeah, Murdoch. He would be the puppeteer, but who picked him to
run the show?

Maybe this belongs in "Conspiracy theories"?

Yeah.

Dave
I think Murdoch is the single most impactful PERSON in the USA. He has transformed the media from a news organization to a political propaganda machine. If our forefathers could have foreseen this then surely would have made provisions to not allow it. Just as they did with separation of church and state.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Yeah, Murdoch. He would be the puppeteer, but who picked him to run the show?
That's what's so damned cool about being super rich. You get to pick yourself.

John
Old 01-04-2010, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
I think Murdoch is the single most impactful PERSON in the USA. He has transformed the media from a news organization to a political propaganda machine. If our forefathers could have foreseen this then surely would have made provisions to not allow it. Just as they did with separation of church and state.
I think they did foresee it. the press of their day was even less constrained by objectivity than it is today. The founders thought that a free press was essential but that by itself it was a dangerous thing. An informed citizen had to look to all sources of information.

John
Old 01-04-2010, 11:12 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
I think they did foresee it. the press of their day was even less constrained by objectivity than it is today. The founders thought that a free press was essential but that by itself it was a dangerous thing. An informed citizen had to look to all sources of information.

John
Yeah, but the newer phenomina (I think) is that so many today pick their camp and REFUSE to listen to any opposing view-points. It's the "Anyone who disagrees with us is an idiot." principle. What is Limbaughs old line, "I have cornered the market on truth."? Humor? Perhaps. But I know some people who seem to believe EVERYTHING that blowhard and his colleagues tell them. I think we all know a few, right?

Dave
Old 01-05-2010, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Yeah, but the newer phenomina (I think) is that so many today pick their camp and REFUSE to listen to any opposing view-points. It's the "Anyone who disagrees with us is an idiot." principle. What is Limbaughs old line, "I have cornered the market on truth."? Humor? Perhaps. But I know some people who seem to believe EVERYTHING that blowhard and his colleagues tell them. I think we all know a few, right?

Dave
Well, Rush did bring us "Operation Chaos". Haven't heard too much about it recently. But I don't listen to Rush.

I don't think that cheer leading from the media, or people just listening to what they wish to hear, is anything new. 140 years ago, John Newman Edwards managed to paint a smiley face on the "heroic exploits" of the James/Younger gang. Not exactly a bunch you'd want to invite over for fried chicken on Sunday. Unless you had a death wish.

Chas
Old 01-05-2010, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
That's what's so damned cool about being super rich. You get to pick yourself.

John
You know what, when you're damned poor, you can pick yourself too.

It's just that no one cares.

Chas