Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > The Auto industry

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy_ps View Post
It seems that the actual issue is that they're not going to sit still for a class action suit over whatever the issue is with the rear end. My understanding is that if your Impala is within the original warranty parameters under the old GM, they'll fix it if you take it in.

Murray
Being I ain't real smart, I still go back and fix things free gratis for people I've worked for 10 or 15 yrs after the fact, even though I specify that I only guarantee labor and materials for a period of one year, which is written on the contract I give them.

And there is no place to sign my contract, as their word, as well as mine is all that matters. Basically it's no more than a hard bid, type written, which specifies what I'm going to do and how much they're going to pay.

And I like it like that, because I generate so many of them, I can't remember what I've told them in the first place. That way we both know.

While it costs me some money, I have repeat customers that go back to every since I've been in business.

It's what you call Karma, get it???

Chas
Old 08-23-2011, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Being I ain't real smart, I still go back and fix things free gratis for people I've worked for 10 or 15 yrs after the fact, even though I specify that I only guarantee labor and materials for a period of one year, which is written on the contract I give them.

And there is no place to sign my contract, as their word, as well as mine is all that matters. Basically it's no more than a hard bid, type written, which specifies what I'm going to do and how much they're going to pay.

And I like it like that, because I generate so many of them, I can't remember what I've told them in the first place. That way we both know.

While it costs me some money, I have repeat customers that go back to every since I've been in business.

It's what you call Karma, get it???

Chas
I understand that completely and at my office, we do pretty much the same thing.

Repairing cars as customers bring them in is one thing. Being forced to recall a few hundred thousand because some lawyer thinks you should is a different matter.

Murray
Old 08-24-2011, 08:02 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
I understand that completely and at my office, we do pretty much the same thing.

Repairing cars as customers bring them in is one thing. Being forced to recall a few hundred thousand because some lawyer thinks you should is a different matter.

Murray
Right, reminds me of a recall on our Impalals where we were warned not to park the cars in our garage because of the danger of fire. The recall replaced a plastic part that held spark plug cables. The fire danger was in some idiots mind. Meanwhile they want airbags to protect a 150 pound male who is not wearing a seatbelt, but that same airbag will seriously injure a small female sitting closer to the wheel.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:26 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Twodogs, welcome to the dark side. I've got a nice 85 Town Car I'll sell you, 'cheap' Seriously look at the last of the full size, crown vics and grand marquis. The '03 I own is not my parents (or my old ones for that matter) Oldsmobile. It's awesome.

Chas, any chance you'll take jobs in Cleveland?

Rob, when they first came out IIRC it was a 200# male! There's very little common sense left I fear.

Pete
Old 08-24-2011, 08:48 AM
Resident octogenarian

The way I look at it is if a 200# or 150# male does not wear a seatbelt, that's Darwin in action.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:

Murray
I don't have much use for class action lawsuits, as a rule.

Chas