Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > The Auto industry

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-26-2012, 01:06 PM

Romney’s false scare story in Ohio

What a serious a$$hole. Once again, the need to spew lies in an attempt to quickly slam his opponent rather than settle on waiting for the truth to come out.
Quote:
Washington — Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney told a rally in northern Ohio on Thursday night that Chrysler was considering moving production of its Jeep vehicles to China, apparently reacting to incorrect reports circulating online.

"I saw a story today that one of the great manufacturers in this state Jeep — now owned by the Italians — is thinking of moving all production to China," Romney said at a rally in Defiance, Ohio, home to a General Motors powertrain plant. "I will fight for every good job in America. I'm going to fight to make sure trade is fair, and if it's fair America will win."

Romney was apparently responding to reports Thursday on right-leaning blogs that misinterpreted a recent Bloomberg News story earlier this week that said Chrysler, owned by Italian automaker Fiat SpA, is thinking of building Jeeps in China for sale in the Chinese market.
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...ction-to-China

Carl
Old 10-26-2012, 01:10 PM

Jeep has been building in China for decades already. Their engine controls were in my jurisdiction as Sr. Engineer during the 1990s.

Romney is such a dick.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:13 AM

Part 2:
Quote:
Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney repeated a false claim Thursday night that Chrysler Group may move all Jeep vehicle production to China, drawing criticism from the Obama campaign, which said the Michigan native had blatantly skewed a news wire story.

Romney’s comments came the same day that the Free Press reported that 1,100 new Chrysler workers will begin making the Jeep Grand Cherokee and Dodge Durango SUVs at a plant in Detroit next week.
http://www.freep.com/article/2012102...SATODAYARTICLE

Carl
Old 10-27-2012, 11:39 AM

Mitt is intentionally confusing the issue.

Jeep vehicles built in China are sold in Asia, not the USA.

Jeep vehicles built in USA are sold in NAFTA and other regions.

There are also Jeep vehicles built in South America. Those are partially built in the USA and completed in South America to satisfy their local content requirements.

IIRC Jeep and Mercedes are the only vehicle brands that are sold in every nation on the earthball. The logistics are complex. Mitt is using scare tactics by saying OMGz0Rx!, Jeep is moving everything to China!

It's just not true.

Mitt might be qualified to advise the ice cream parlor owner up at Lake Fapakanutee or whatever it's called. But he is best to leave the tough stuff to the professionals in Toledo.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:54 AM

I think he wants to keep slinging BS as it is dollar and labor intensive to disprove all this stuff he has been spewing and the sheeple are eating it up.
The jobs is the best one. His jobs record as governor in political office would scare off anybody from voting for them if they did their homework and found out the truth.

Carl
Old 10-27-2012, 11:54 AM

Gotta love the irony of Mitt warning people about jobs being sent overseas.

And how exactly is a free market capitalist supposed to fight for those jobs exactly? Isn't that the kind of government meddling in the free market that god fearing Republicans are supposed to despise?
Old 10-27-2012, 11:59 AM
Resident octogenarian

Hell he is only being a Republican, what do you expect?
Old 10-27-2012, 04:05 PM
Area Man

His constiuency is to a large degree populated with simpleminded people who think Republicans never lie......and he knows it. That's why he can spout this crap and tonight I will hear about it at the lunch table from folks who are still stocking up on ammo in preparation for the coming UN invasion/ Black Panther uprising.

Regards,
Dave
Old 10-29-2012, 10:45 PM
Admin

Romney keeps jumping the shark on this issue. Even Chrysler says he's a bald faced lieing sack of liquid chit. Too bad you don't get the Young Turks, Dave. That guy Cenc Uyger is a stand up dude and unafraid to call it as he sees it. In no uncertain terms! Funny thing is he's so progressive that he also calls out the President for attempting to placate and appease these laughing hyenas in the House & Senate. I can't recommend his show enough.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:30 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacon View Post
Mitt is intentionally confusing the issue.

Jeep vehicles built in China are sold in Asia, not the USA.

Jeep vehicles built in USA are sold in NAFTA and other regions.

There are also Jeep vehicles built in South America. Those are partially built in the USA and completed in South America to satisfy their local content requirements.

IIRC Jeep and Mercedes are the only vehicle brands that are sold in every nation on the earthball. The logistics are complex. Mitt is using scare tactics by saying OMGz0Rx!, Jeep is moving everything to China!

It's just not true.

Mitt might be qualified to advise the ice cream parlor owner up at Lake Fapakanutee or whatever it's called. But he is best to leave the tough stuff to the professionals in Toledo.
Not surprising at all and easy to do in a country full of people who think both GM and Chrysler are wholly and permanently owned by the U.S. Government. And, when you try to correct them, they laugh at you and ask you what "lame stream media" outlet fed you that crap. The lies are so deep that when you tell them something that should pretty much be common knowledge........they laugh at you.

I recall being informed, almost thirty years ago, that "no one makes cars in America anymore. They all come from Japan, all we do is change the badge on them." When I told him, "That's funny, half of my family gets up and goes to work building cars every day.", he got mad at me and started ridiculing me.

Regards,
Dave