Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-11-2020, 10:50 AM

Time for Bernie to accept the inevitable, step aside, and throw his support behind Biden, for the good of the country. Will he?
Old 03-11-2020, 04:51 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Time for Bernie to accept the inevitable, step aside, and throw his support behind Biden, for the good of the country. Will he?
I'd say suspend the campaign perhaps. A lot could happen between now and July.
Old 03-24-2020, 11:39 AM

What leadership looks like.

Old 04-01-2020, 12:10 PM

Cuomo Is a Coronavirus Star, but Newsom Is Quietly Bending the Curve

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...the-curve.html

Nice to live in a sensible state with sensible leadership. I feel so sorry for folks who live under the worst Repube governors, like the asshole governor of FL. Massive voter suppression enables the "election" of these disgusting "leaders".
Old 04-10-2020, 10:10 AM

‘The Woman in Michigan’ Goes National
Governor Gretchen Whitmer is dealing with a historic pandemic, a bullying president and a big job tryout.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...iden-vp-177791

Veep?
Old 04-17-2020, 03:50 PM

Cuomo says Donny should 'go to work' after president lashes out during briefing

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...latest-updates

He may have the same obnoxious In Yer Face Nu Yawk attitude as Donny, but I'm sure warming up to this guy.
Old 04-30-2020, 08:20 PM

Why I'm skeptical about Reade's sexual assault claim against Biden: Ex-prosecutor

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/3046962001/

Where was she 11 years ago, when Obama picked Biden for Veep? Her claims don't stand up to basic scrutiny.
Old 05-01-2020, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Why I'm skeptical about Reade's sexual assault claim against Biden: Ex-prosecutor

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/3046962001/

Where was she 11 years ago, when Obama picked Biden for Veep? Her claims don't stand up to basic scrutiny.
I bet if and when investigated will find GOP fingerprints all over this story. Follow the money.....
Old 05-01-2020, 04:16 PM

Or just a fruitcake...

From Skye Williams:

Tara Reade Moulton aka Tara Reade aka Alexandra Tara McCabe aka Alexandra Tara Reade has numerous websites and social media accounts under various names, although many have now been deleted because they conflict with her latest story.

Reade is an avid Bernie Sanders supporter. She is also a huge fan of Vladimir Putin (more on that later). In the early 90’s Reade was one of many interns working in Joe Biden’s office for about a year. Since then, she tried writing, acting, poetry and blogging, all without any success. Reade says she is currently writing a fictional novel set in Russia.

Over the years, Reade has written openly about her personal life, including being abandoned by her father and suffering domestic abuse by her ex-husband. I would think that someone who shares stories of such a personal nature so publicly would almost certainly include a mention of sexual assault by a VP. Yet, over the course of over 25 years, Reade has written nothing but praise for Joe Biden.

In a deeply personal online article she wrote in 2009 about her experience with domestic abuse, Reade actually commended Joe Biden for actions he had taken against domestic abuse. Reade praised the fact that he co-wrote and sponsored the Violence Against Women Act.

As recently as 2017, Reade continued to praise Biden on multiple occasions for his actions in helping prevent sexual assault. Reade used her Twitter account (under the name Tara McCabe) to say that Joe Biden “speaks truth,” and encouraged her followers to “listen” to him.

Personally, I have a hard time believing that someone who was sexually assaulted would spend so much time on social media praising and commending their alleged perpetrator for their work preventing violence against women.

In 2019, Reade began posting accusations that Biden had been inappropriate with her in 1993. Reade provided details, claiming that Biden would "put his hand on my shoulder and run his finger up my neck."

Reade posted her claims on the Twitter feeds of Elizabeth Warren and Amy Klobuchar. Neither found it credible enough to respond. When she got no traction, she finally found a place where she was welcomed with open arms: Bernie Sanders’ Twitter feed.

After joining up with the Bros, Reade connected with Katie Halper, a die-hard Bernie operative who writes for so************************t magazines like Jacobin and co-hosts a podcast with misogynist Bern-It-Downer Matt Taibbi of Rolling Stone. THIS seems to be where her story took a major turn.

Whether coached by Halper or simply desperate for more attention from the Berners and the media, on March 24, 2020, Reade’s story changed suddenly and dramatically. In a podcast hosted by Halper, Reade now claimed that Biden sexually assaulted her, pushing her against a wall and penetrating her with his fingers. Naturally this sent the Berner Twittersphere into a frenzy and got Reade the attention she was so desperately seeking. Reade then told the new sensationalized story via Skype to Krystal Ball (another PR-hungry Bernie 2020 supporter).

Reade also went to Times Up, the organization that funds lawsuits against high-profile sexual harassment cases. Times Up has raised more than $22 million and has 800 volunteer lawyers. Times Up reviewed Reade’s accusations but politely declined to represent her. Reade now slanders the organization as part of some conspiracy to protect Joe Biden.

The Biden campaign was forced to respond, releasing two statements, one from Communications Director Kate Bedingfield and the other from Biden’s former Executive Assistant Marianne Baker, who served him from 1982-2000 and was in charge of all staff.

Baker (who was Reade’s boss at the time of her internship with Biden) released a personal and powerful statement: “For nearly 20 years, I worked as Senator Biden’s executive assistant and supervised dozens of employees who reported to me. I took very seriously my duties with respect to human resources, following the direction of a Senator whose insistence on a professional workplace was embedded in our culture. In all my years working for Senator Biden, I never once witnessed, or heard of, or received, any reports of inappropriate conduct, period — not from Ms. Reade, not from anyone. I have absolutely no knowledge or memory of Ms. Reade’s accounting of events, which would have left a searing impression on me as a woman professional, and as a manager. These clearly false allegations are in complete contradiction to both the inner workings of our Senate office and to the man I know and worked so closely with for almost two decades.”

The only people spreading this story appear to be Bernie Bots and right-wing media outlets looking for the next swiftboat story. They never mention that Reade’s true idol appears to be Vladimir Putin.

In November 2018, Reade posted an article on Medium called “Why a Liberal Democrat Supports Vladimir Putin.” Although Reade has now deleted that and other posts praising Putin, some of the posts still appear in archives. Here are some excerpts from her Medium posts:

“I never bought the whole America is fighting for democracy all over the world byline. In fact, after reading authors like Noam Chomsky, my eyes opened to the great extent of our nation’s hypocrisy and imperialism.“ “Through my lens, President Putin brought a chaotic and failed nation to become a vibrant, creative, economic force within a decade. Putin is very good to women, holds them in high regard.”

“It used to be fashionable as a Democrat to embrace our Russian sisters and brothers. Currently, President Putin has a higher approval rating in America then POTUS, particularly with women. President Putin has an alluring combination of strength with gentleness. His sensuous image projects his love for life, the embodiment of grace while facing adversity. President Putin’s ability with sports is intoxicating to American women.” “Besides, frankly, my dear, President Putin does not need America anymore, and neither does Russia.”

According to Newsweek, in another post on Medium, Reade wrote that she left “government work” in her 20s in part because “I love Russia with all my heart” and “I could not stand to watch the deception and xenophobia that came from my own American government.”

Around the same time Reade began circulating her story, a woman calling herself "Jennifer" appeared on Dr. Phil to talk about "Jennifer's" delusional belief that Putin was in love with her and that they were engaged, despite having never met. “Jennifer” and her daughter look strikingly similar to Reade and her daughter.

Reade has NOT filed a lawsuit or police report against Biden. In an attempt to keep her 15 minutes of fame, Reade recently filed a police report claiming she was sexually assaulted back in 1993, but that report does NOT mention Joe Biden, possibly to avoid the crime of filling out a false police report.
In my opinion, Reade seems to be a very emotionally troubled person. She has written openly over the years about being abandoned by a deadbeat father and about the abuse she claims she suffered by her ex-husband. As someone who has suffered as well, I definitely feel for her.

But based on the evidence and her own words and actions over the years, her sudden and constantly changing claims about a Biden sexual assault in 1993 lack any credibility. Red flags abound and her motives and the timing is suspect to say the least. I feel like Reade is desperately seeking attention, when she should be seeking help.

There is a serial sexual harasser, assaulter and abuser running in this election, with no less than 25 credible accusers, and his name is Donald Trump.

Skye Williams

PS I welcome and encourage fact checking. Everything in this article can easily be verified. If you want the truth, it is out there.
Old 05-02-2020, 09:29 AM
Ready

Well, this would be the 'Steele Dossier' on Reade. Would love to see professional, fact-checked journalism on thism