Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-26-2021, 08:29 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I have no idea what you trying to say here. It sounds cute, I suppose, but is completely nonsensical. That said, you seem to be splitting hairs as to whether Trump and his actions more closely resemble Mussolini or Hitler as if Fascism/authoritarianism without genocide is actually OK. Need I remind you that even if Mussolini is a more apt comparison, this isn't exactly an exoneration of Trump and his authoritarian tendencies/wishes/actions?
No shit Sherlock. Cute edit though. Nice use of the context eraser application and an excellent illustration of how important context is to understanding.

I do not pick nits.

Enjoyed your altnailer post. Don't recall ever saying anything even remotely like that.

Last edited by nailer; 11-26-2021 at 08:32 AM.
Old 11-26-2021, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Even a objective observer being fair and allowing for the willful ignorance of facts see this for what t is..
They who are in denial of the so far unsuccessful first attempted coup d'etat as fact on the outside. Must not so secretly support the overthrow of the government by any and all means to gain complete control.

For it must be so. They support the traitors and terrorists whole heartily.
The Republican long con has put us exactly where we are today...
and they're not done yet.
Old 11-26-2021, 09:57 AM

Israel warns of ‘emergency’ after detecting new virus strain

https://apnews.com/article/coronavir...bfb495742e4ab1

Those capitalists of the stock market, unlike idiot Trumpkins, are taking this VERY seriously, the markets are diving today. Gonna be a long winter...
Old 11-27-2021, 10:00 PM

Yet another thread on AK got locked down and why?
The same ignorant idiots post the same BS over and over again.
What is there not to understand about the seriousness of Covid? 700,000+ deaths not enough of a sample size? Unvaccinated are at 20 times the risk of dying from this disease than those vaccinated. Isn't this obvious from the latest surge. Sad truth is that as these unvaccinated take up hospital beds usually from a local surge, they are preventing non Covid patients from getting emergency care.

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.....979389/page-8

The OP who started this thread, a certifiable moron who is posturing as a well informed moderate wanting a civil discussion, just so that he can purvey the same old nonsense.
Old 11-28-2021, 07:29 AM

Without even clicking on the link I knew which one you were talking about. I knew where it was headed even before I responded to it. What's amazing is these same people who post negativity about the virus and the vaccines won't come over here where they can discuss their topics and express opinions to their hearts content.

From one of the Mods at AK
Quote:
Closed and Locked PERMANENTLY
People seem UNABLE to avoid posting the same BS
that gets every single "open" thread here locked down.
I have no energy to do it again.
You want to argue COVID - take it to
Politicalchat.org
or SOME OTHER FORUM. But NOT on AK ...

Last edited by RickeyM; 11-28-2021 at 08:02 AM.
Old 11-28-2021, 07:51 AM

Maybe they fear an ass kicking?
Old 11-28-2021, 08:57 AM

Since when, yes when was the time well reasoned facts were any part of their silly selfish arguments?

Never!

We may well still of been fighting this even if all the measures were followed by all across the world. Total lock downs 100% until controlled.

History of other similar events show we humans have not learned much. This is a world wide problem not just one of a few countries.

This is a time of testing our species, are we going to be a "WE" or a "ME" in order to survive. So far it looks like the "ME's" are winning. Climate issues alone have shown us humans to make excuses and rely on only the easy fixes. To avoid any hard ones requiring a sacrifice. So why would any think a virus would be any different?

Wearing a mask getting a vaccine is not just to protect the one but all, thus the "WE". Fighting, refusing the wearing of a mask, getting a vaccine is one squarely in the "ME" camp. No thoughts of others only of themselves.

I have of late come to the resolution that any who still do not see this for what it clearly is. Will never until it effects them personally. They will still more then not refuse to admit the change of heart. Not wanting to admit an error in judgement rather make some childish excuse. Yet be, yes begging, pleading for any and all treatments tested or not to save and cure.

For free of course!
Old 11-28-2021, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
Without even clicking on the link I knew which one you were talking about. I knew where it was headed even before I responded to it. What's amazing is these same people who post negativity about the virus and the vaccines won't come over here where they can discuss their topics and express opinions to their hearts content.

From one of the Mods at AK
I watch these threads pile on BS and mostly stay on the sidelines because they are ignorant Trumpers, a species I shun. On an EV thread where I made this comment refuting their fear mongering with EV mandates, "heck we cannot even mandate masks and vaccines to fight a pandemic", another Trump certified moron responded by saying "good, you should thank the constitution for that".
Old 11-28-2021, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Since when, yes when was the time well reasoned facts were any part of their silly selfish arguments?

Never!

We may well still of been fighting this even if all the measures were followed by all across the world. Total lock downs 100% until controlled.

History of other similar events show we humans have not learned much. This is a world wide problem not just one of a few countries.

This is a time of testing our species, are we going to be a "WE" or a "ME" in order to survive. So far it looks like the "ME's" are winning. Climate issues alone have shown us humans to make excuses and rely on only the easy fixes. To avoid any hard ones requiring a sacrifice. So why would any think a virus would be any different?

Wearing a mask getting a vaccine is not just to protect the one but all, thus the "WE". Fighting, refusing the wearing of a mask, getting a vaccine is one squarely in the "ME" camp. No thoughts of others only of themselves.

I have of late come to the resolution that any who still do not see this for what it clearly is. Will never until it effects them personally. They will still more then not refuse to admit the change of heart. Not wanting to admit an error in judgement rather make some childish excuse. Yet be, yes begging, pleading for any and all treatments tested or not to save and cure.

For free of course!
"Me" and mine because we're better than "thee" and "thou". "I" know so because that's what I've been told.
Old 11-28-2021, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
"Me" and mine because we're better than "thee" and "thou". "I" know so because that's what I've been told.
I saw a reference to Biden and the Dems and since we cannot get overtly political on AK, he said something to the effect that current administration is rife with Marxists. Wonder if this guy even knows the first name of Marx or anything about his famous book.