Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-11-2022, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Years before Covid, I would, on rare occasion, see Asian folks (almost always women), wearing masks in public. I never really had any respect for such fearful people. It was sort of a pet peeve of mine, though I understood it was a byproduct of the culture they left to come here.

But after masks had been so well debunked during the pandemic, I started feeling the same way about ANYONE who wears a mask when they are not required. I especially feel that way now. I choose to not argue with such people any more, but I also choose to not be around them. They are worse than vegans - especially the ones that agree with the poster above. We have zero in common and might as well come from different planets.

The opposite of faith is fear, and the opposite of fear is faith. That is why, though my wife and I are both 68, we don't have health insurance at all (except for Medicare A, which one has whether they want or use it or not).

We trust in the Great Healer, and He has been faithful.

We're in the midst of the biggest culture clash in history. These things never end well.
Old 07-11-2022, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Sorry kid, but you're as delusional as they come. Are you sure you don't have Twitter cooties?
It's easy to feel like a big star when you live in a little world.
Old 07-11-2022, 10:50 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane View Post
Years before Covid, I would, on rare occasion, see Asian folks (almost always women), wearing masks in public. I never really had any respect for such fearful people. It was sort of a pet peeve of mine, though I understood it was a byproduct of the culture they left to come here.

But after masks had been so well debunked during the pandemic, I started feeling the same way about ANYONE who wears a mask when they are not required. I especially feel that way now. I choose to not argue with such people any more, but I also choose to not be around them. They are worse than vegans - especially the ones that agree with the poster above. We have zero in common and might as well come from different planets.

The opposite of faith is fear, and the opposite of fear is faith. That is why, though my wife and I are both 68, we don't have health insurance at all (except for Medicare A, which one has whether they want or use it or not).

We trust in the Great Healer, and He has been faithful.

We're in the midst of the biggest culture clash in history. These things never end well.
So much for your claim a bit ago that you don't dislike people based on 'ideology.' You can feel free to spare me your BS defense to this observation.
Old 07-11-2022, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
So much for your claim a bit ago that you don't dislike people based on 'ideology.' You can feel free to spare me your BS defense to this observation.
There are a lot of people I dislike. Did I actually say I dislike people because of their ideology? I will say I often don't respect people, based on the way they present their ideology. In fact, a person who ideologically agrees with me, but can't articulate the basis for the belief, garners less respect from me than a person I disagree with, who CAN effectively articulate the support for his position - even though I disagree with him.

But it's usually not that I dislike them. Rather, it's that I don't respect them, or at least that I respect them less than others.

But you don't need to keep making this about me. Again, you're not gonna get me to pay rent. Sorry.
Old 07-11-2022, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
It's easy to feel like a big star when you live in a little world.
With that I strongly agree!
Old 07-11-2022, 12:26 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane View Post
There are a lot of people I dislike. Did I actually say I dislike people because of their ideology? I will say I often don't respect people, based on the way they present their ideology. In fact, a person who ideologically agrees with me, but can't articulate the basis for the belief, garners less respect from me than a person I disagree with, who CAN effectively articulate the support for his position - even though I disagree with him.

But it's usually not that I dislike them. Rather, it's that I don't respect them, or at least that I respect them less than others.

But you don't need to keep making this about me. Again, you're not gonna get me to pay rent. Sorry.
Oh drop the tired 'rent for living in your head' trope. Of course messages are going to be about you in a sense when I bother to reply to you. The content of most disputatious messages on the boards always reduces to "I am good and right, you are bad and wrong." That's pretty much the point, dress it up as we will.
Old 07-11-2022, 02:22 PM

Wink

"This message is hidden because Not Insane is on your ignore list."

Who's living in who's head
Old 07-11-2022, 02:41 PM
Ready

Quote:

I's just a cliche of a taunt, no point in looking for anything real in it.
Old 07-11-2022, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Oh drop the tired 'rent for living in your head' trope. Of course messages are going to be about you in a sense when I bother to reply to you. The content of most disputatious messages on the boards always reduces to "I am good and right, you are bad and wrong." That's pretty much the point, dress it up as we will.
So respond to the content of my post, rather than a comment on me personally*. Also, I'm not seeing where I even said what you accused me of saying. I think it was in incorrect inference.

* AKA ad-hominem attack.
Old 07-11-2022, 09:11 PM

Quote:

Irony.