Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Suggestion Box

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-10-2013, 03:19 PM
Resident octogenarian

Having been on AK a number of years not everyone over there is all sweetness and light.

As to not biting, that's about the only way to get a response around here. Make a reasonded and well thought out post and you will be underwhelmed by the number of responses.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:39 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
So true. I used to think this one unnamed guy was pretty sharp but then discovered bobs' a commie gowin'take my guns away

IF folks can get past the first real disagreement they may become better friends, and/or perhap sat least understand the other side better.

Or hate each other's guts and insult their stereos. Crappy boxes! Screechy horns! Distorted vinyl! Harsh CDs!

Pete
Car stereos don't count, my friend! My crappy stereo here in my alloted 25 square ft. of our home is junk gutted from old tubed Magnavox consoles and rotting JBLs lovingly restored by moi hooked up to a $40 soundcard that I got from Bartertown. Sand and vacumm tubes rule! Hell, my CD player is the one in my homemade 'puter. It is funny how once we get past misconceptions about differences in politics we find we're more alike than different. Guess what, I do all repairs and maintenance on our vehicles too!

Last edited by bobabode; 01-10-2013 at 03:42 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:44 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Having been on AK a number of years not everyone over there is all sweetness and light.

As to not biting, that's about the only way to get a response around here. Make a reasonded and well thought out post and you will be underwhelmed by the number of responses.
Bite 'em, Rob.

Last edited by bobabode; 01-10-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:28 PM

I am a nice guy...right?

Well maybe not lol
my avatar is Mr Mind, Captain Marvel's arch enemy
and my nick name is from Cat's Cradle a chemical that destroys water by turning the whole world to ice...something like that I read it back in 1977

Last edited by icenine; 01-10-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:03 PM
Admin

You're alright for a cat from San Berdoo!
Old 01-10-2013, 06:40 PM
reflexionar

I would probably post a bit more, but as Rob stated, "Make a reasonded and well thought out post and you will be underwhelmed by the number of responses." I don't particularly care for the personal and /or strictly emotional attacks. My skin is usually thick enough, but I prefer rational conversation over seeing who can yell the loudest. I already get my share of frustration from asshole drivers and people living in their cell-phone bubbles.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:17 PM
Admin

It's an American political forum, mostly. If we monkey's weren't throwing turds and brickbats at each other where would the fun be in it? If your blood isn't boiling over what is going on in this country, you may be dead from the neck up.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:31 PM
reflexionar

What makes my blood boil is the fact that the solutions don't need to be so difficult. All this "I'm right and you're wrong" attitude is the same problem that faces the real world. No reasonable solution will ever be found without compromise, and no...compromise doesn't mean I'll hug your elephant if you kiss my ass.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
You're alright for a cat from San Berdoo!
lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
close but no Cigar

I am a few exits south of Lake Elsinore
Murrieta
Old 01-10-2013, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
I'd like more folks, more folks, more viewpoints. But I can see why some won't. It can be rough here and AK folks are generally really nice.

Pete
The niceness isn't in the people but in the reason for our being there. I'm a REALLY sweet guy over there!

John

Last edited by Boreas; 01-10-2013 at 08:39 PM.