Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 08:42 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroJunk View Post
46% or so think Charlottesville was the left's fault.

46% or so think it was the right's fault.

I'm sure your explanation is that 46% are racist.
And I could write 1000 words about what I actually think, as opposed to what you imagine I think, and you'd still be sure.
Old 08-21-2017, 06:53 AM

Women Are A Huge Reason Why Trump's Poll Numbers Are So Bad http://n.pr/2uPx7Pv
Old 08-21-2017, 09:35 AM

Secret Service running out of funds due to the idiot's frequent travel and large family. Hey, SS, just stop protecting the idiot, do us all a huge favor!

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/21/politi...ily/index.html
Old 08-21-2017, 10:07 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

That's too bad.

President Donald Trump’s initial reaction to the crash of the USS John McCain with a merchant ship east of Singapore that left five sailors injured and ten missing was: “That’s too bad.”

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-says-t...-mccain-652584

And this narcissistic clown is our Commander-in-Chief?
Old 08-21-2017, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
And I could write 1000 words about what I actually think, as opposed to what you imagine I think, and you'd still be sure.
I don't think that any two people look at anything exactly the same.

But, the theme of the left right now is that Trump and everybody who voted for him are racist.
Old 08-21-2017, 10:19 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:

But, the theme of the left right now is that Trump and everybody who voted for him are racist.
Nope. It's more like those who still support him after equivocating on NeoNazis are either racist or simply lack human decency. That's why all the members of his advisory panels bailed as did all of the companies who were planning charity fundraisers at Mar-a-Lago. Moreover, not a single Republican was willing to go on yesterday's Sunday morning talk shows to defend him. Not one.
Old 08-21-2017, 10:45 AM
Ready

Quote:

Ah, since I talk back, you've backed-off attributing the awful wrongness to me, and now attribute it to an abstraction, "the left."

I agree it's right to condemn all Trump supporters at this point, but it's imprecise to call them all racist.

I'm sure we both agree that some Trump supporters are racist. The ones that aren't either haven't taken it on-board as true that Trump is racist, which makes them mentally impaired in the common way known as 'denial,' or else don't care if he is or not, which points to several possible sorts of mental dysfunction, including general amorality and extreme emotional bonding to leader figure.

Anyway, all such persons are beyond the reach of reason, and can be written off as wingnuts.

Last edited by donquixote99; 08-21-2017 at 05:43 PM.
Old 08-21-2017, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Ah, since I talk back, you've backed-off attributing the awful wrongness to me, and now attribute it to an abstraction, "the left."

I agree it's right to condemn all Trump supporters at this point, but it's imprecise to call them all racist.

I'm sure we both agree that some Trump supporters are racist. The ones that aren't either haven't taken it on-board as true that Trump is racist, which makes them mentally impaired in the common way known as 'denial,' or else don't care if he is or not, which points to several sorts of mental dysfunction, including general amorality and extreme emotional bonding to leader figure.

Anyway, all such persons are beyond the reach of reason, and can be written off as wingnuts.
I don't think saying that there is fault on both sides of an assault equals equivocation .

I don't think that Trump is a racist.

I think that in many cases Obama could have said the exact same words and be lauded by the left wing media as a voice for reconciliation and calm.

So, I am a wingnut.
Old 08-21-2017, 11:35 AM

You often behave (post) like one but deep down I don't think you are. Misguided perhaps.
Old 08-21-2017, 11:40 AM
Ready

It's one thing to observe like this:

* there were two sides at Charlottesville
* one were White Nationalists, KKK, and blatant Nazis, all of whom are racist, and most of whom frankly advocate violence and make a fetish of their capacity for it. These are attitudes of hateful thugs.
* one side was supported by a heavily armed paramilitary unit
* the other side was mostly people appalled by racism, hate and violence. These are attitudes of decent, praiseworthy people.
* a very few on the other side may have planned aggression against the rightists
* in the event, the rightists are seen engaging in violent aggression in widely-available videos
* in the event, a rightist individual executed a deadly attack by automobile.
* no evidence has surfaced of any comparable activity by the counter-protestors

It's quite another to boil that down to 'violence...on many sides.' It really bad if you happen to be the President, and you repeatedly indicate such false equivalence, and even praise some of the extreme rightists as 'fine people.' Fine people do not march with nazis chanting anti-Semitic slogans. This error on the President's part is a catastrophic moral failure, and leaves him irredeemably tainted with racism and nazism.

I already in the post above indicated why failure to recognize the President's moral culpability is evidence of right-wing nuttery.

Last edited by donquixote99; 08-21-2017 at 05:46 PM.
Closed Thread