Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-12-2016, 10:19 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroJunk View Post
When I was a young man working in an office with three people one of the girls got pregnant a couple of times. I had to do her work for her while she was out. Didn't get paid any more. Never understood why her getting knocked up was my responsibility.
See, me, I have no problem with this. I guess it's my sense of community.

I am all for treating women equal and helping in a reasonable way. Even unloading the truck when the truck needed to be unloaded while the women stayed on the floor earning commission just because of their sex. I see the sexes as equal not the same.

OK, in this scenario the man was discriminated again. I am fine with it. Because it made sense under the "equal not the same umbrella" which guided me.
Old 07-12-2016, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
John, I do not have your photographic memory

Can you recant or link "a riot."

I can't recall the context but I respect your memory.

thanks
Ed must have posted over 100 times praising Trump or rationalizing his uncouth and bigoted behavior. I have no desire to pore over them searching for one post in order to satisfy one person's curiosity.
Old 07-12-2016, 10:36 AM

Quote:
she is not old?

Sometimes this PC crap is extreme.

I submit this is a case of that.

BTW, everything is context and relative.

I go to the supermarket every Wednesday and ask the cashier for the "old man discount" in reference to myself. I refer to senior discounts as "old man discounts."

If you are old, you are old. I have always chosen descriptive words or phrases over conventional talk.

Anyway, this place has a habit of attacking posters not posts... it's ashame.

Why not just share your experiences of work place inequities so I may understand because frankly, generally I don't.

Thanks
You mentioned her age in the context of a disqualification for the presidency. Is this a criticism you would think to level against a man? She's 68. Trump is 2 years older. Bernie is 6 years older. I don't remember you mentioning their age.
Old 07-12-2016, 10:49 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
You mentioned her age in the context of a disqualification for the presidency. Is this a criticism you would think to level against a man? She's 68. Trump is 2 years older. Bernie is 6 years older. I don't remember you mentioning their age.
I honestly don't recall but knowing how my mind works I think I mentioned it in context to image not to capabilities. I think her very capable.

Image: be it right or wrong, I feel strongly that an "old lady" image is hard to get elected. Trump although older, does not poses this image.

Further, IMO jeane kirkpatrick, when she was relevant in such conversations was probably Hill's present age. I don't think she suffered from any such image.

Also John, my comments seem to be taken as endorsements or attacks when often, maybe most times, they are observations.
In all threads.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:01 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Ed must have posted over 100 times praising Trump or rationalizing his uncouth and bigoted behavior. I have no desire to pore over them searching for one post in order to satisfy one person's curiosity.
I only ask to be sure it was in context because the stuff you throw out me is mostly out of context.

You have a habit recently, IMO, of telling people what they believe or how they have said something so you can attack it if it is not in lockstep with your views.

Everything is gray. Insisting you are white and anything not in line with your thought is black shares little and frankly is often antagonistic.

Why not have a discussion?
Old 07-12-2016, 11:06 AM

Quote:
she is not old?

Sometimes this PC crap is extreme.

I submit this is a case of that.

BTW, everything is context and relative.

I go to the supermarket every Wednesday and ask the cashier for the "old man discount" in reference to myself. I refer to senior discounts as "old man discounts."

If you are old, you are old. I have always chosen descriptive words or phrases over conventional talk.

Anyway, this place has a habit of attacking posters not posts... it's ashame.

Why not just share your experiences of work place inequities so I may understand because frankly, generally I don't.

Thanks
You start a thread called Woman's Rights and then post the most biased content in the thread about them.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:08 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
You start a thread called Woman's Rights and then post the most biased content in the thread about them.
what was biased?

what?

how is that a response to this post?

You guys are so fraekin' unpleasant.

WTF is that about?
Old 07-12-2016, 11:15 AM

This was a local case that went to the Supremes:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilly_...er?wprov=sfla1

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 07-12-2016, 11:29 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
This was a local case that went to the Supremes:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilly_...er?wprov=sfla1

thanks... good post

any personal experiences of the same?

I have heard it suggested that women through biology may be less likely to damned pay the same way men do. Should not beta men then bring suits? and then is the issue more biological than gender?

as I said, I have never experienced it nor been in the company of anyone who spoke to it. After 62 years I am sure in casual conversation, if it were a common prevalent problem, someone I know would have spoken to it?

Barb, you like to do drive-bys, why not instead share something substantive on this from your personal experience?.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:41 AM

Quote:
thanks... good post

any personal experiences of the same?

I have heard it suggested that women through biology may be less likely to damned pay the same way men do. Should not beta men then bring suits? and then is the issue more biological than gender?

as I said, I have never experienced it nor been in the company of anyone who spoke to it. After 62 years I am sure in casual conversation, if it were a common prevalent problem, someone I know would have spoken to it?

Barb, you like to do drive-bys, why not instead share something substantive on this from your personal experience?.
My personal experience is mainly military, and generally, it went on there as well.
Men tended to make the rules, written or otherwise, and otherwise was where things really went bad, ruining careers and lives.