Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Religion & Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:42 AM
Persona non grata

Right Wing Rage against the Pope

They are only religious when it suits their political agenda.

http://www.alternet.org/gops-venomou...ight-wing-rage

Quote:
Here’s a not-so-delicious irony to the fact that the same year in which many Republicans turned against Pope Francis, they also amplified their inchoate screeching over religious liberty and the citation of archaic Bible verses to justify their bigotry against same-sex couples or women who deserve access to safe, affordable contraceptive and abortion services.

With the Pope’s visit to the United States commencing, Republicans are lining up to condemn his views on everything from the climate crisis to income inequality and, most recently, confessional forgiveness for women who have abortions. Why? Obviously because the GOP is cherrypicking the religious teachings it prefers. And yet they throw a fit when they’re accused of selective faith — embracing dogma that supports their pet issues while rejecting dogma that contradicts it.

continue
Old 09-23-2015, 12:04 PM
Admin

They use the old buffet line approach to the bible ...and the constitution too, for that matter.

Wait till the rightwing radicals find out that it'll be Jeb! in the upcoming election.
Old 05-08-2017, 09:40 AM

Bottom line is, Francis is an adherent of "liberation theology," something that's contaminated Central and South America for decades, under which Bolshevik hacks like Francis allow the Church to be used as cover for Marxists. I'm an old-school militant Roman Catholic, Latin Mass each week (at a diocesan parish that IS in full communion with Rome, daily Rosary, and a lifelong rejection of the idiocy of Vatican II. Francis is a catastrophe.
Old 05-08-2017, 09:42 AM

Jeb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Wait till the rightwing radicals find out that it'll be Jeb! in the upcoming election.
Well, we see where THAT went.
Old 05-09-2017, 08:59 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowTied View Post
Bottom line is, Francis is an adherent of "liberation theology," something that's contaminated Central and South America for decades, under which Bolshevik hacks like Francis allow the Church to be used as cover for Marxists. I'm an old-school militant Roman Catholic, Latin Mass each week (at a diocesan parish that IS in full communion with Rome, daily Rosary, and a lifelong rejection of the idiocy of Vatican II. Francis is a catastrophe.
Militant?

I sincerely hope you do not subscribe to the extremes views and methods of those who got rid of Archbishop Romero.
Old 05-09-2017, 10:42 AM

I think there is a broad spectrum between advocating submitting meekly to authoritarian tyranny and advocating anarchy. I don't think this Pope is advocating either anarchy or authoritarian tyranny of any type.
Old 05-09-2017, 01:06 PM

If you are a militant conservative Catholic, then the pope is infallibly correct.

If you hold the position that Francis' authority is not divinely inspired, and his actions are incorrect, then you exist in fallen apostacy.

How delicious the irony, hiding behind the skirts of the old Curia.

Last edited by sheltiedave; 05-09-2017 at 01:15 PM.