Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-07-2010, 03:49 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
Oh.

You mean the people who buy the products and voted for that arrangement, right?

You know. Us? John Q?
Not this John Q. I don't shop wally world and I don't buy Chinese, last phone I bought was a Panasonic made in Mexico because all the rest were Chinese crap. Preferable source USA, or Canada, or if that fails then Europe.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:26 PM

I pretty much buy everything used, unless it's a business expense. Mostly, I spend other people's money. I buy what they want.

Whatever you do, don't buy those cheap assed made in China 12"x12" ceramic floor tiles that Lowes sells. They're not square, and by the time you figure it out, it's too late. Even the Mexican's manage to make 'em square.

Chas
Old 04-09-2010, 12:30 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I pretty much buy everything used, unless it's a business expense. Mostly, I spend other people's money. I buy what they want.

Whatever you do, don't buy those cheap assed made in China 12"x12" ceramic floor tiles that Lowes sells. They're not square, and by the time you figure it out, it's too late. Even the Mexican's manage to make 'em square.

Chas

We got some Chinese made V-belts in at work recently. They even look poorly made. We had one delaminate, literally disintegrated after ten minutes of use. When we dragged the purchasing manager out on the floor to see this shit, all he could say was; "But these things were 1/4 the price of the Gates belts." What an absolute idiot? How much does this moron think the downtime and labor spent replacing these shit belts every ten minutes is going to cost us? Save a penny to lose a dollar, that's all these clowns understand anymore. It's sickening.

Dave
Old 04-09-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
We got some Chinese made V-belts in at work recently. They even look poorly made. We had one delaminate, literally disintegrated after ten minutes of use. When we dragged the purchasing manager out on the floor to see this shit, all he could say was; "But these things were 1/4 the price of the Gates belts." What an absolute idiot? How much does this moron think the downtime and labor spent replacing these shit belts every ten minutes is going to cost us? Save a penny to lose a dollar, that's all these clowns understand anymore. It's sickening.

Dave
If things work as they're supposed to, he'll get a raise for saving the corporation money, and you'll get fired because of excessive downtime on the line!!!

You know I'm joking...kind of.

Chas
Old 04-09-2010, 07:56 PM

I think that was one of the reasons I got canned...I wasn't buying cheap enuff. The new regime took over, my boss lady found out I was buying stuff like that instead of cheapshit Chingypong stuff, & we had a LOT more paper there than THEY thought we needed to have. After they canned me, she started buying El Cheapo stuff, I think it bit her in the arse several times. She also let 'em run out of paper a few times-That's something you NEVER do in a printing plant. Funny, when I ran the paper, I figgered 30% over what the computer said I needed-We never ran out, but we didn't really have too much, either.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
I think that was one of the reasons I got canned...I wasn't buying cheap enuff. The new regime took over, my boss lady found out I was buying stuff like that instead of cheapshit Chingypong stuff, & we had a LOT more paper there than THEY thought we needed to have. After they canned me, she started buying El Cheapo stuff, I think it bit her in the arse several times. She also let 'em run out of paper a few times-That's something you NEVER do in a printing plant. Funny, when I ran the paper, I figgered 30% over what the computer said I needed-We never ran out, but we didn't really have too much, either.
Hell, we're a nation of pirates. It's great while we're looting the other guy, but it's every man for himself during the doldrums.

Chas
Old 04-09-2010, 11:45 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
If things work as they're supposed to, he'll get a raise for saving the corporation money, and you'll get fired because of excessive downtime on the line!!!

You know I'm joking...kind of.

Chas
Yeah, I "kind of" know exactly what you mean. I've been in the grease monkey business for going on thirty years now. And I have seen the "little guy" take the fall for managerial stupidity many times, Chas.

Dave
Old 04-10-2010, 01:13 AM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Yeah, I "kind of" know exactly what you mean. I've been in the grease monkey business for going on thirty years now. And I have seen the "little guy" take the fall for managerial stupidity many times, Chas.

Dave
A collective bargaining agreement with a just cause provision could eliminate that BS.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 04-10-2010, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
A collective bargaining agreement with a just cause provision could eliminate that BS.

Regards,

D-Ray
Don't I know it...I was in "Management"-Basically a glorified clerk, so I couldn't be in the union. Us "Office Monkeys" were the only ones NOT in a union where I worked, & we arguably needed one worst of all.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:47 AM
Resident octogenarian

I was both back at Bell, CWA sub rep as a craftsman, Section Manager as management. Here I came to the conclusion they use the mushroom theory of management - keep the employees in the dark and feed them horse manure.