John
Old 12-24-2012, 07:23 AM
Resident octogenarian

Done here too.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:28 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Change is not as effective as say London or Canada...that may be a negative...but the checks protect us from a majority imposing their will on the minority...something the founding fathers were concerned about. It is actually working now even if one does not like who it is benefiting...the Tea Party wing nuts at the moment.

Just think sir if the Tea Party had the Presidency Senate and the House....you would want the ability of the Democrats in the minority to stop the destruction of the country. The checks do work when you think about it.
There is the problem, as long as you are thinking about a sane minority fine, but when the minority are a bunch of whackjobs the country ginds to a halt. Is it a valid "check" when a single senator can put an anonymous hold on a presiidential appointment? Advise and consent has to have been the dumbest thing anyone ever came up with.

Let's face it the Constitution assumes a group of rational adults forming the Congress, not a bunch of spoiled adolescents.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:29 PM
Admin

Here's how we do it in LALA land! Gun$ for Ralph$. Turn 'em in for groceries, double for assault rifles!

http://news.msn.com/us/la-offers-gro...annual-buyback
Old 03-14-2019, 02:58 PM
Admin

"Connecticut’s Supreme Court ruled Thursday that the manufacturer of the Bushmaster AR-15 rifle can be sued and potentially held liable in the 2012 mass murder at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.

The groundbreaking 4-to-3 decision overturned a lower-court ruling barring the lawsuit, which was brought by the estates of nine victims of Adam Lanza, who was armed with the high-powered rifle during his assault on the school. Remington owns Bushmaster Firearms International.

But the decision was narrow, with the liability for gunmakers based essentially on how they advertise their weapons, rather than on the sale of such powerful weapons to third parties who then commit horrible crimes. The court said companies that market military-style guns to civilians as a way of killing enemies could be violating state fair trade laws." WP

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.f31329dcd9ed

Good.
Old 05-18-2019, 01:27 PM

Therapy Dogs For The Parkland Shooting Survivors Got Their Own School Yearbook Page And It's Pretty Amazing

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...ivors-yearbook

Nice. Dogs are love. Guns are hate. When will guns be outlawed?