Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-18-2014, 12:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Naw, you're the one assuming that I was talking about you, my egomaniacal friend. Go back and read it again.
Ah that's the reason your edit of this post, ya right Bobby. Clean it up.
Old 05-18-2014, 01:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
Yes they all want your money and don't want to payout SSI if at all possible. You and I Dave might not get it at all unless they do some drastic revamping of SSI.

Diversify Barney, I can't express enough about hard assets. Don't care what they are but they need to be physical. Real Property that you own hold and control without any third party risk.

You said this,

"They want me to keep it in a fund and not spend it. EVER! They don't want to pay it out but keep it, so they can keep making money off of it."

Glad you see that they will never recommend anything that they can't control and earn from. They never tell you to buy/invest in physical property like the metals. They will be more than happy to take your earning and put it in gold ETF's so that your exposed to it. They won' tell your going to be taken to the cleaners though and they get paid anyway. Metals are only one hard asset to consider in Real Property.

Too much in paper assets in this volatile economy could and I see it as will be a disaster. I also noticed you never mentioned anything about Semi-Retirement which is an avenue to look into. Collect SSI and generate minimal income for maybe 5-8 years.

I have also been thinking of relocating to a cheaper economy when I retire. Where I am is good to work because the cost of living is high and is where the money is at. Once the earnings stop I don't think the need to stay in a high cost of living environment would be the best move. All your retirement funds will go further relocating.
Quote:
Anyone surprised that the "true patriot" 'baggers want to bail on their homeland that gave them everything they have as soon as they can?
Freekin' sociopaths wrapped up in Old Glory like a rotten three day old corndog.
Good riddance, move to Belize or Somalia.
You directed this comment at me Bob, No getting around it. Who else mention relocation on this thread? Who else on this thread would you call names like that?

Quote:
Your assuming again.

Bobby Stockton like where Barbara lives is far cheaper than on the SF peninsula. Hence lower cost of living.

I really wish you would stop trolling and have a decent discussion for once.
I replied in kind.

Quote:
Naw, you're the one assuming that I was talking about you, my egomaniacal friend. Go back and read it again.
You replied back although not as negative. But after seeing the post on this thread
http://www.politicalchat.org/showthr...?t=7535&page=3
you felt the need to edit your post. Why Bobby don't you want to look like a troll? If I didn't quote the above post you would have changed that as well.

Conclusion your not only tolling this site and me, I'll in good faith use kind words here. Your Dishonest Bob.
Old 05-18-2014, 01:23 PM
Banned

Back on Topic Please.
Old 05-18-2014, 03:48 PM
Admin

Prove it troll or shut yer festerin' piehole.
Old 05-18-2014, 04:01 PM
reflexionar

Quote:
Back on Topic Please.
If you would quit posting page upon page of irrelevant crap the posts might stay somewhat on topic.
Old 05-18-2014, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
I'm getting close to retirement and have a lot of questions... Any retires here that can give advice?

My thoughts are that my spending habits will change in retirement. Won't have to buy clothes for work, won't be spending money on gas for my daily work commute.

And that sounds like I'm saving money for daily living expenses..... But does it really work out that way? Are those savings from not working spent in other ways during retirement? Will my day to day expenses be more or less than when working?

I realize the answers depend on many variables.... I'm just trying to figure it all out.

Might go up at first as you get use to being on holiday all the time. But if you set a budget realistically one. Keep track of your spending for a few months. See where the money goes now.

Everything from a stick of gum to utilities. Once you are home all the time things like eating out, gas for car should drop off. There are days when we might not cook at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
Right.... That's my other thought. Sure, the longer I work the bigger the monthly check in retirement, but at what point does that not matter any more?

A co worker put in thirty years, said his good byes and as he left work on his last day he keeled over on the steps leaving the building and died of a heart attack. Not the way I want to do things. I wanna have some time to enjoy retirement!

Never get the years back. Do you have hobbies or interests to keep you busy. Grandkids? Me I pretty much turned the papers in when I reached 55.

I lost my health insurance when my retirement went to the government program. My wife's will do for now but once she retires probably not. They can due whatever they want. Now they say it will go for 5 years for a spouse. So till I reach 65 might have to pay for it.

Barney
Old 05-18-2014, 04:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post
If you would quit posting page upon page of irrelevant crap the posts might stay somewhat on topic.
You need to get a grip and start pointing you fingers at the appropriate party. It's plain as day whats going on here take a look. Everyone was participating in the thread on topic.

Answer this, Were did the discourse start, who started it, was their comment relative to the topic.
Old 05-18-2014, 04:27 PM
Jigsawed

Be on the look out for those who want a loan from you since they may
perceive that you have received some lump sum money.
Old 05-18-2014, 04:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Prove it troll or shut yer festerin' piehole.
I already did and Bob I though you would have been grown and intelligent enough to take me up on my offer. I guess not my mistake.
Old 05-18-2014, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Be on the look out for those who want a loan from you since they may
perceive that you have received some lump sum money.
Or borrow!

Barney