Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Global political discussions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-24-2016, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
They have similar themes...a major one is:Thumbs down to One World Order.
Jingoistic bullshit. Meanwhile, Trump is in England.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:40 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
I don't know shit about UK politics, but I do know you. Therefore until such time as I earn more, I'll take the side opposite of you.
It should tell you something that the same type of idjits who support Trump supported Brexit. In the UK, the overwhelming majority of Brexit supporters were rural, over 60, voted conservative and had no no college education. Same goes for Trumpsters over here - wanting to turn the clock back to some magical time that never existed.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:42 AM

I see this as a side effect to the rise in Nationalism across the world. Given the side effects of globalization, like outsourcing work. The movement of wealth, equalization or leveling more so. One looses where another gains.
Plus mass relocation of populations due to economic and now conflicts. Populations foreign in language customs appearances religion only fuel the issues.
All issues short sighted politicians use gladly to their advantage in a power grab. Those of us in the middle of an election should be worried now. Do our best to get a high turnout of the educated and youth vote.

Barney

Last edited by Oerets; 06-24-2016 at 09:44 AM.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:42 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Cameron was doing a good job as PM from what I gather. Too bad his political career has been destroyed by it.
Generally, yes. However, he made a deal with the devil (the nativist UK Independence Party) to have a Brexit referendum in exchange for their vote in the latest Parliamentary elections, similar to the deal with the devil that the GOP is now making with der Trumpenfuhrer.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Generally, yes. However, he made a deal with the devil (the nativist UK Independence Party) to have a Brexit referendum in exchange for their vote in the latest Parliamentary elections, similar to the deal with the devil that the GOP is now making with der Trumpenfuhrer.
That was a mistake.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
That was a mistake.
Like the one between the GOP and the TParty?

Barney
Old 06-24-2016, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Like the one between the GOP and the TParty?

Barney
Well no one could stop the primary voter from picking Trump. That is the sad thing about this whole mess: that people actually voted for Trump.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:00 AM
Resident octogenarian

We have not heard the last of 'exits' since the EU was in trouble from the start. You cannot have all the EU countries trying to manage their finances when the Euro's value is set by a central bank in Brussels. That is one of the reasons why Ireland. Portugal. Spain, Italy and Greece got in trouble - in addition to other errors. Try and picture the Fed attempting to manage our economy if he value of the dollar was set somewhere else.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:13 AM
reflexionar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmanKardon View Post
I'm longing for the mass media hysteria to calm down a bit. But I am sure that Britain will regret their decision pretty soon. The Brits are so stupid - they can't cook, they are driving on the wrong side and they are political idiots. The half nation is suffering from political short-sightedness.
Never realized we had so much in common with them. At least we drive on the correct side of the road.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
We have not heard the last of 'exits' since the EU was in trouble from the start. You cannot have all the EU countries trying to manage their finances when the Euro's value is set by a central bank in Brussels. That is one of the reasons why Ireland. Portugal. Spain, Italy and Greece got in trouble - in addition to other errors. Try and picture the Fed attempting to manage our economy if he value of the dollar was set somewhere else.
You see the thing about Scotland leaving is the sacred pound.

If I was in an otherwise safe democracy (like Scotland) I would never, ever get rid of my currency if it was one of the premier currencies of the world.
Even if they say they would keep it I would be concerned.

Some GOP mayor from Oklahoma this morning was saying Texas could leave the USA if they wanted to. They won't however. Those red staters would never give up their SS and Medicare.

Last edited by icenine; 06-24-2016 at 10:23 AM.