Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-16-2014, 07:53 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Hank Aaron on modern day racism

“Sure, this country has a black president, but when you look at a black president, President Obama is left with his foot stuck in the mud from all of the Republicans with the way he’s treated. We have moved in the right direction, and there have been improvements, but we still have a long ways to go in the country. The bigger difference is that back then they had hoods. Now they have neckties and starched shirts.”

When one considers the level of demonization and antipathy towards Obama, I find it reasonable that Aaron feels this way. Apparently, lots of racists don't.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...ist-hate-mail/
Old 04-16-2014, 08:03 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
“Sure, this country has a black president, but when you look at a black president, President Obama is left with his foot stuck in the mud from all of the Republicans with the way he’s treated. We have moved in the right direction, and there have been improvements, but we still have a long ways to go in the country. The bigger difference is that back then they had hoods. Now they have neckties and starched shirts.”

When one considers the level of demonization and antipathy towards Obama, I find it reasonable that Aaron feels this way. Apparently, lots of racists don't.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...ist-hate-mail/
But sadly he is right.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:08 AM
Abby Normal

Last night when I went to bed I turned on the TV briefly and Fox was on. I don't even recall what the subject was but they were doing their usual ridiculousness when I broke out in laughter at all the black panelists they had found!

Seriously, it's so staged to have so many black panelists which they do all the time now. I though to myself, these people are just allowing themselves to be whored out.

So I went from audible laughter to disgust in a few seconds when the reality hit me. I quickly changed the channel rather witness such depravity.

It was truly disturbing.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:08 AM

OK, some letter protest that he's playing the race card when they claim the objection is really that their guy didn't beat him to the Oval Office. That might be true as they bring out their "Jewish Nazi" Conservative examples like Alan West or Allen Keys, or lately the notably less kooky Dr. Ben Carson to prove it's not about race, but that seems shakey to me. Wanna buy a bridge? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-zczJXSxnw

Last edited by Pio1980; 04-16-2014 at 08:10 AM.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:10 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
OK, some letter protest that he's playing the race card when they claim the objection is really that their guy didn't beat him to the Oval Office. That might be true if they bring out their "Jewish Nazi" Conservative examples like Alan West or Allen Keys, or lately the notably less kooky Dr. Ben Carson to prove it's not about race.
Seems shakey to me, wanna buy a bridge? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-zczJXSxnw
Sorry but, what are you trying to say? I don't follow?
Old 04-16-2014, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
Sorry but, what are you trying to say? I don't follow?
They keep saying it's not about race, but the more they protest it the more it seems otherwise.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:17 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
They keep saying it's not about race, but the more they protest it the more it seems otherwise.
If you have to try so hard to convince the world you're not, maybe it's you you're trying to convince?

Dave
Old 04-16-2014, 08:18 AM
Ready

People mainly get defensive when the feel vulnerable.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:22 AM

Hank Aaron's wacko-flack is clearly about race despite his skill and accomplishments. With the POTUS it's both politics and race but sub-rosa race-baiting has worked well enuff and it's going to keep up.
If the 'Pubs got one of their tokens into office, whom-ever would likely resemble the butler in "Django unchained" but with fewer independent powers as a party puppet for the Plutocrats that run it.

Last edited by Pio1980; 04-16-2014 at 08:30 AM.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:20 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Of course GOP minority folks are puppets.

Pete