Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-13-2009, 07:34 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Well, what's it like out there? Everybody rich, or got a job, or a pension that's funded, or is the wolf about to grab you by the ass?

Personally, I can see the wolf in the shadows, creeping closer. Thank God I've still a few cards to play, but it looks like a tough winter coming up.

Chas
Times are tough, very tough.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Most likely the Bank of Canada trying to keep the dollar low and exports high. There was no sub-prime fiasco there as the mortgage system is quite straigh-forward, you get a mortgage from a bank and that is it. No bundling and selling of mortgages. So no banks needed bailouts or any of that shit. They wierd way they do mortgages here defies understanding. Maybe Churchill was right when he said "The admirable thing about Americans is that you can always count on them to do the right thing - after they have tried every possible alternative first." Why does every financial transaction have to be like one giant Ponzi scheme.

Just curious Merrylander...many American's who reside in Canada usually return to the States to retire. Why have you chosen to retire here?
Old 06-13-2009, 10:18 AM
Resident octogenarian

I met my present wife here, it was a toss-up as to whether she came to Canada or I came here. Took early retirement and found a job here in less than a week, the rest is history.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:35 AM

Same scenario...except it involved relocating from another state.We thought about returning...but family roots and love of the area run deep. I know...I know... we are #3 on the poverty charts ( the state makes sure we support New York City). Whatever you read about progress in Buffalo and surrounding communities is definately a mis-print. The elected are stuck in an eighteenth century time warp. The people on the other hand... are the friendliest you would ever want to meet.