Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:19 PM

Economic survival

Well, what's it like out there? Everybody rich, or got a job, or a pension that's funded, or is the wolf about to grab you by the ass?

Personally, I can see the wolf in the shadows, creeping closer. Thank God I've still a few cards to play, but it looks like a tough winter coming up.

Chas
Old 06-10-2009, 05:30 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Well, what's it like out there? Everybody rich, or got a job, or a pension that's funded, or is the wolf about to grab you by the ass?

Personally, I can see the wolf in the shadows, creeping closer. Thank God I've still a few cards to play, but it looks like a tough winter coming up.

Chas

Most seniors we know are helping their adult kids. We're no exception and have been for three years. Not complaining...just explaining. We're about down to the line on being able to continue doing that. As you said...winter will be tough for all.

Last edited by painter; 06-10-2009 at 05:54 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:13 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Awww, you guys quit worrying. Presbo is going to make sure that everything is all right. Hasn't he said so? He'll just get some more money from the evil, nasty, cheating rich and give it to whoever needs it more than they do.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:52 AM
Resident octogenarian

Of course the good hard working rich came by all that money honestly, like a $30 million a year salary for some health care CEO. That's probably why over 60% of personal bankruptcies are because of health care costs.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Well...is the wolf about to grab you by the ass?
All my pants have suddenly developed holes in the seat. I couldn't imagine what would be causing that, you might be on to something.
"Ecpyrosis" will not be found in most dictionaries, but it is a philosophical term of the stoics, from the greek "ekpyrosis", and it means: "conflagration; the periodic resolution of all things into fire".
Old 06-11-2009, 07:09 PM

Holes in yer pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozmoid View Post
All my pants have suddenly developed holes in the seat. I couldn't imagine what would be causing that, you might be on to something.
Well OZ, most of the holes it my pants are still in the knees.

Kinda tells what kind of feller I am,
Chas

PS: Now Noneneral and Merrylander...there is no need to point this out to me. I already know.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:08 PM

I'm ok for now, I just hope Barry doesn't make pensions illegal by the time I get ready to retire.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:24 AM
Resident octogenarian

I wish whoever is mucking about with the Canadian dollar would quit, that Bell pension is a big part of our income.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:15 PM

Mucking around

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
I wish whoever is mucking about with the Canadian dollar would quit, that Bell pension is a big part of our income.
Perhaps the international bankers?

Chas
Old 06-13-2009, 06:52 AM
Resident octogenarian

Most likely the Bank of Canada trying to keep the dollar low and exports high. There was no sub-prime fiasco there as the mortgage system is quite straigh-forward, you get a mortgage from a bank and that is it. No bundling and selling of mortgages. So no banks needed bailouts or any of that shit. They wierd way they do mortgages here defies understanding. Maybe Churchill was right when he said "The admirable thing about Americans is that you can always count on them to do the right thing - after they have tried every possible alternative first." Why does every financial transaction have to be like one giant Ponzi scheme.