Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-17-2022, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
It didn't (the stopping), I extrapolated this from your rambling posts.
LOL. Though you may need to dust off your extrapolation skills.
Old 08-17-2022, 11:06 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
But you have no problem with the reflexive assumption that I must be against them. It's not a dodge. It's simply a demonstration of the fact that I was never asked, my opposition was just assumed.

And folks wonder why communication or finding common ground is difficult...
Damn man, you talk like I haven't known you for years. Your coyness is tactical, you think it lets you claim we judge you wrongly. But I have no doubts. It it not important or even interesting exactly what you believe. The important thing is America is in danger from a fascist cult, and you continue to amuse yourself attacking the opposition to that cult. That tells everything about what you are.

Last edited by donquixote99; 08-18-2022 at 08:35 AM.
Old 08-18-2022, 05:04 AM

This fascist cult did not arrive here overnight. Rather slowly building over the years at first with the arrival of morning radio Angry Man shows. Newt and his revolution, the rise of the Federalist Society effecting the independence, non partisanship of the judicial system. To many other examples but should be able to get my drift.

With the rest of the country being silent or effective in countering the false misleading narrative. Ineffective in exposing the dangers by allowing the slow growth of the lies to fester and mature. We now have a generation in their forties that have known little else then the alternate reality.

Willing to joyfully announce they are ignorant of current events but are entitled to their beliefs..... Have little knowledge of science or medical matters, again are entitled to their beliefs... If one chooses to say the world is flat, does not make it so.

The country and world for that matter is showing how selfish and uncaring the human race can be. The me over the we is a powerful force that will not end well if left unchecked.

Last edited by Oerets; 08-18-2022 at 05:08 AM.
Old 08-18-2022, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Your coyness is tactical, you think it lets you claim we judge you wrongly. But I have no doubts. It is not important or even interesting exactly what you believe.
My coyness is tactical because in this case - electric vehicles - no one bothered to ask what I thought. Even a day or more later no one has asked. The assumption was simply that I'm against them (I guess because I'm a cult member) for no other purpose that I can deduce other than the continued pursuit of continuing an argument with a straw man. The ongoing pursuit of the false association fallacy for the purpose of advancing an argument.

And the quote above captures it quite succinctly.
Old 08-18-2022, 06:27 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
And there you have it. Not once, ever, on this forum have I expressed support of Trump. And I think you and I have had this discussion before. Speaking of bad faith, I think you've put those words in my mouth for the purpose of creating a straw man that you've simply convinced yourself it's real.

Yes, to the extend that Bush 1, Bush 2, and Trump have supported ideas or policies that are conservative, I've applauded that. With the Bushes those times were few, really.

Try again, Finn...
Trying to pawn off your reflexive support of all things Trump as principled conservatism is simply a dog that won't hunt. In addition to seriously threatening our democracy, Trump is killing American conservatism with the help of those who claim to be principled, constitutional conservatives (e.g., McConnell, Cruz, Graham, McCarthy, Hawley...) who are too gutless to stand against him. They are no less responsible than the full-fledged wingnuts (MTG, Boebert, Gaetz, Gohmert, Biggs, Gosar), perhaps more so. If it's any consolation, I count you among the former and not the latter.
Old 08-18-2022, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Trying to pawn off your reflexive support of all things Trump as principled conservatism is simply a dog that won't hunt.
The dog won't hunt in your view because your debate style is to try and break the dog's legs rather than engage in a discussion about the hunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
In addition to seriously threatening our democracy, Trump is killing American conservatism with the help of those who claim to be principled, constitutional conservatives (e.g., McConnell, Cruz, Graham, McCarthy, Hawley...) who are too gutless to stand against him. They are no less responsible than the full-fledged wingnuts (MTG, Boebert, Gaetz, Gohmert, Biggs, Gosar), perhaps more so. If it's any consolation, I count you among the former and not the latter.
Interesting. Because I don't reflexively agree with the likes of McConnell, Cruz, Graham, McCarthy, or Hawley. Members of the other group I just wish they'd shut up most of the time.
Old 08-18-2022, 06:48 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
The dog won't hunt in your view because your debate style is to try and break the dog's legs rather than engage in a discussion about the hunt.

Interesting. Because I don't reflexively agree with the likes of McConnell, Cruz, Graham, McCarthy, or Hawley. Members of the other group I just wish they'd shut up most of the time.
The cognitive dissonance echoing through your grey matter must be deafening.
Old 08-18-2022, 08:41 AM
Ready

Quote:
My coyness is tactical because in this case - electric vehicles - no one bothered to ask what I thought. Even a day or more later no one has asked. The assumption was simply that I'm against them (I guess because I'm a cult member) for no other purpose that I can deduce other than the continued pursuit of continuing an argument with a straw man. The ongoing pursuit of the false association fallacy for the purpose of advancing an argument.

And the quote above captures it quite succinctly.
C'mon, when you align yourself, however loosely or deniably, with the fascist MAGA's, and go around taking cheap shots at 'the left' for the fun of it, you'd better not expect polite attention to the nuances of your views on tax brackets or electric car subsidies. You don't deserve it.
Old 08-18-2022, 09:07 AM

(trollin trollin trollin)
Old 08-18-2022, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
C'mon, when you align yourself, however loosely or deniably, with the fascist MAGA's, and go around taking cheap shots at 'the left' for the fun of it, you'd better not expect polite attention to the nuances of your views on tax brackets or electric car subsidies. You don't deserve it.
Ah, OK. Got it. So by default, whether I am or not, because I happen to make some comments that fit into some part of someone's cookie-cutter worldview, I've aligned myself with fascists.

I appreciate it when the trains run on time. Sieg Heil!