Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:32 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconshorts View Post
Obama defines it. A lot of power this man has.
Right, and the power he has was granted him by the people who voted for him....a clear majority of the American people. Not once, but twice.

Figure that out.

Regards,
Dave
Old 01-26-2013, 01:18 AM
Admin

Where the fuck were you when Bush and Cheney killed hundreds of thousands? Cheering at a teabagger rally, no doubt. It's apalling, I tell you. Is english your mother tongue?
Old 01-26-2013, 02:01 AM
Area Man

Quote:
You knowingly and fully support this and then claim your appauled by the murder of the children of sandy hook? really?

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...-a-us-citizen/

"Writing in Salon today, Glenn Greenwald writes, “What’s most striking about this is not that the U.S. Government has seized and exercised exactly the power the Fifth Amendment was designed to bar (‘No person shall be deprived of life without due process of law’), and did so in a way that almost certainly violates core First Amendment protections (questions that will now never be decided in a court of law). What’s most amazing is that its citizens will not merely refrain from objecting, but will stand and cheer the U.S. Government’s new power to assassinate their fellow citizens, far from any battlefield, literally without a shred of due process from the U.S. Government. Many will celebrate the strong, decisive, Tough President’s ability to eradicate the life of Anwar al-Awlaki — including many who just so righteously condemned those Republican audience members as so terribly barbaric and crass for cheering Governor Perry’s execution of scores of serial murderers and rapists — criminals who were at least given a trial and appeals and the other trappings of due process before being killed.”

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...tan-bug-splats

The "signature strike" doctrine developed under Obama, which has no discernible basis in law, merely looks for patterns. A pattern could consist of a party of unknown men carrying guns (which scarcely distinguishes them from the rest of the male population of north-west Pakistan), or a group of unknown people who look as if they might be plotting something. This is how wedding and funeral parties get wiped out; this is why 40 elders discussing royalties from a chromite mine were blown up in March last year. It is one of the reasons why children continue to be killed.
You're somehow trying to equate the military killing a TRAITOR during a time of war with what happened at Sandy Hook?

How about the firebombing of Dresden? Or any of the scores of cities, towns and villages we've destroyed over the years. There were children there, and there might have even been Americans there!

You come up with the weakest arguments, I swear..............

Regards,
Dave
Old 01-26-2013, 02:58 AM
Admin

Quote:
You knowingly and fully support this and then claim your appauled by the murder of the children of sandy hook? really?

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...-a-us-citizen/

"Writing in Salon today, Glenn Greenwald writes, “What’s most striking about this is not that the U.S. Government has seized and exercised exactly the power the Fifth Amendment was designed to bar (‘No person shall be deprived of life without due process of law’), and did so in a way that almost certainly violates core First Amendment protections (questions that will now never be decided in a court of law). What’s most amazing is that its citizens will not merely refrain from objecting, but will stand and cheer the U.S. Government’s new power to assassinate their fellow citizens, far from any battlefield, literally without a shred of due process from the U.S. Government. Many will celebrate the strong, decisive, Tough President’s ability to eradicate the life of Anwar al-Awlaki — including many who just so righteously condemned those Republican audience members as so terribly barbaric and crass for cheering Governor Perry’s execution of scores of serial murderers and rapists — criminals who were at least given a trial and appeals and the other trappings of due process before being killed.”

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...tan-bug-splats

The "signature strike" doctrine developed under Obama, which has no discernible basis in law, merely looks for patterns. A pattern could consist of a party of unknown men carrying guns (which scarcely distinguishes them from the rest of the male population of north-west Pakistan), or a group of unknown people who look as if they might be plotting something. This is how wedding and funeral parties get wiped out; this is why 40 elders discussing royalties from a chromite mine were blown up in March last year. It is one of the reasons why children continue to be killed.
I wouldn't line a birdcage with the Guardian and the other is a blog. Are you somehow suggesting that voting for Obama had something to do with Sandy Hook. You really are depraved or possibly just slow witted.

Last edited by bobabode; 01-26-2013 at 03:03 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:26 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Obama defines it. A lot of power this man has.
Sorry but if you think any of those savages along the Pakistan-Afghanistan border are innocent then you are naive to the extreme.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
BS makes a point about Obama doing nothing about assault weapons going to Mexico yet does not want an assault weapons ban after Sandy Hook. Pretty inconstistent thinking there.
How the hell does arming drug cartels bent on killing have anything to do with disarming responsible American citizens? Not inconsistent at all. Totally different.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:57 AM

Quote:
I don't respond the way you wanted me to and therefore you tell me how you think I should have responded to fit your preconceaved notion? Weak.

BTW Nice stereotyping. Should we just nuke the entire region and rid ourself of all the savages at once? Or is taking them out a few at a time with Drones good enough for you?
Don't let this guy get to you Bacon. His comments illustrate he is clearly bigoted.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:04 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Traitor found guilty in who's court? No trial, no judge, no jury, killed ouside any theater of war. Be careful what you say, obama, can target you at will evidently.

i'm not about to defend the firebomging of Dresden nor Shermans march thru the south. You make bad assumptions.
You're a fool and I would defend both.

One was a good run at breaking the back of Nazi Germanys industrial base and the other was a proper move to crush the will of a bunch of fu**ing slavery loving traitorous insurrectionists. Or is there something about slavery and Nazis you like? And don't give me that bullshit lie about that war being about "states rights" either.

Chew on that for a while.

Love,
Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 01-26-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:09 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatrack71 View Post
Don't let this guy get to you Bacon. His comments illustrate he is clearly bigoted.
Bigoted against idiots? Damn right I am.

Regards,
Dave
Old 01-26-2013, 09:31 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatrack71 View Post
If I dislike people who come here and destroy buildings amd murder 3000 people in a day is bigoted, then fine I'm bigoted. These same kind of people have attacked my wife on five occasions, so if I would see the lot in hell is being bigoted, then that's fine by me.