Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:54 PM

So, did you read the article?

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconshorts View Post
Yes I believe this has always been about the gun laws. Some might call it a false flag operation.
That petty criminal leading the House investigation did.

I think you missed my point and the point made in the article. You seem to be saying that the target of F&F was really Arizona's gun laws. There is no evidence to support that and that's not what I meant. I was saying that the Arizona gun law is so goofy and so full of holes that it was virtually impossible for the ATF team to build a case that the USAO would buy.

Quote:
There are emails uncovered that support this as well ( I see if I can find them).
You may be thinking of the emails that Dodson and CBS edited and then mischaracterized.

Quote:
As far as those (five law enforcement personnel?). Put them under oath in front of a senate committe and ill buy their story.
Do you mean the 7 Agents at the Phoenix office? We already pretty much know that Dodson would perjure himself and, as Don suggested, if the House Governmental Oversight Committee thought they could help them build their case against the Obama Administration, they would have already been called.

John
Old 01-27-2013, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Here is the email.

""Bill - can you see if these guns were all purchased from the same (licensed gun dealer) and at one time. We are looking at anecdotal cases to support a demand letter on long gun multiple sales. Thanks."

So ya I believe the gun laws were causing ATF some problems and they were looking for ways to issue their "demand letter 3"
You'll need to explain to me exactly what you think the significance of that email is. Licensed firearm dealers weren't the targets of F&F. Straw buyers and the people they were fronting for were the targets.

John
Old 01-28-2013, 01:29 AM
Area Man

Quote:
If I recall correctly the official story was to enable them to somehow trace revealing nature in which they made there way into the hands of the bad guys. Is there a different reason I haven't heard. Truthfully I'd like to get into this on a different thread as I'd love to hear what other folks view of this is.
That's the impression I was under.

Regards,
Dave
Old 01-28-2013, 01:32 AM
Area Man

Quote:
That's why I said senate. If it Is true that Issa is just out to demonize bho then he would never call them. But the senate can certainly get them on record if they want to.
He set out looking for an excuse before the '09 inauguration. Part of the "One Term" effort launched by Moonhead and the Turtleman.

Regards,
Dave
Old 01-28-2013, 06:07 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
What if just Accused you of saying those thing....but wasn't true?
Alawi was not simply accused, he openly advocated killing Americans, That whackjob at Ft. Hood was egged on by Alawi.

Last edited by merrylander; 01-28-2013 at 06:18 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:12 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Just reading between the lines here, Kyle but what he was probably refering to is the rise of the religious right in our country. Good thing those old white guys who wrote the Constitution had the foresight to erect a wall between the church and state and enshrine it in that document. Freedom of and from the right to worship whatever you choose, be it Jehovah, Allah, Buddha or a rock. The idea that this is a christian nation runs counter to the founding documents.
I was referring to the churcch that wants to keep contraceptives out of the PPACA and wants to abolish abortion no matter whether the woman's life is in danger or not, but thinks nothing of molesting young children.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:07 PM

Yes, not giving out contraceptives is as dumb as dumb gets.

Carl
Old 01-28-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlV View Post
Yes, not giving out contraceptives is as dumb as dumb gets.

Carl
The Catholic Church doesn't even modify its position covering prophylactics for AIDS prevention, even in Africa where it's an epidemic.

John
Old 01-28-2013, 12:51 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
The Catholic Church doesn't even modify its position covering prophylactics for AIDS prevention, even in Africa where it's an epidemic.

John
They might change their tune if young boys had a high incidence of AIDS or other venereal diseases.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
It supports the position that gun walking was.being used to enable.more strict gun regulation rather than or in addition too nabbing bad guys.
No, it doesn't. Doesn't even address gun walking.

"Bill - can you see if these guns were all purchased from the same (licensed gun dealer) and at one time. We are looking at anecdotal cases to support a demand letter on long gun multiple sales. Thanks."

It's only trying to determine if a particular group of weapons was purchased at the same time from the same place, point and date of origin.

John