Go Back   Political Forums > Global political discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-06-2011, 09:49 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I think we should all move back to the Great Rift Valley in Kenya.
It is a beautiful place.

Dave
Old 06-06-2011, 09:50 AM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Learn summat new every day, I was not aware that we had any part in the six-day war.
Other than surprise air (using Western weaponry) attacks on June 5th and taking control of the Gaza Strip and the Sinai Peninsula from Egypt, the West Bank and East Jerusalem from Jordan, and the Golan Heights from Syria?

That is, if you're from Israel.

If you're from Eqypt, Jordan or Syria? Well, you got shafted.

If you're the United States? We supplied M50 and M51 Shermans, M48A3 Pattons, M2/M3 Half-tracks, M50 self-propelled howitzers and Makmat 160 mm self-propelled mortars... (Well, you get the idea.)

That Israel's air force backbone is now comprised of a significant number of F-15s just means they'd be using AMERICAN planes during their next strike of aggression...
Old 06-06-2011, 10:23 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
..2. I'll take Manhattan.

Saddam's Iraq was a bigger stability factor than Israel has ever been.
ROTFLMAO! Good call re Manhattan.

Iraq invading Kuwait and our troops protecting the Sauds from him really stabiled things up over there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
It is a beautiful place.

Dave
PLUS! You can visit Obama's birthplace

The arabs did not have to leave when Israel was created. Their leaders said the Jews would kill everyone and drink their childrens blood...

as they still do.

Of course we supported Israel in 67. Ever wonder why so many MEs army uniforms look like Russias?

Pete
Old 06-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Of course we supported Israel in 67. Ever wonder why so many MEs army uniforms look like Russias?

Pete
Most of them have so much bling they look like what you would see in a comic opera. Notice how many use the goosestep.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Area Man

Quote:
ROTFLMAO! Good call re Manhattan.

Iraq invading Kuwait and our troops protecting the Sauds from him really stabiled things up over there.

PLUS! You can visit Obama's birthplace

The arabs did not have to leave when Israel was created. Their leaders said the Jews would kill everyone and drink their childrens blood...

as they still do.

Pete
So, I take it you would have no problem being a Palestinian living in Israel? Use a little imagination on that one.

Dave
Old 06-06-2011, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Despite all the conspiracy wingnuts no Jew ever knocked down our embassies or twin towers or the Pentagon. No Jew has ever wanted to convert me, although at one time our son was dating a Jewish girl with her parents blessing.

In the U.K. Jews tolerate marriage between Jew and non Jew, but only if the non Jew converts to Judaism. Basically, they have great difficulty tolerating mixed faith marriage "you marry her but if she refuses to convert, you are no longer our son". That kind of shit.

I am still waiting to hear all those peace loving muslims condemn the actions of the jihadist terrorists. But I am not holding my breath.

Neither am I, but not that long ago Republican terrorists were trying to wreck Northern Ireland. Despite Sinn Fein being a political party 'peacefully' (?) campaigning for unity (whether the North wanted it or not) and being recognised by everyone including the U.K. as a political party, not one of their leaders ever condemned the IRA (Official, Provisional or or any other wingnut variety) for murdering anyone they did not approve of.

Last edited by Combwork; 06-06-2011 at 12:43 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:53 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combwork View Post
In the U.K. Jews tolerate marriage between Jew and non Jew, but only if the non Jew converts to Judaism. Basically, they have great difficulty tolerating mixed faith marriage "you marry her but if she refuses to convert, you are no longer our son". That kind of shit.

That is insane. WTF?

I am still waiting to hear all those peace loving muslims condemn the actions of the jihadist terrorists. But I am not holding my breath.

Because they don't see themselves as being anything but freedom fighters. Just as anyone would, regardless of the truth.

Neither am I, but not that long ago Republican terrorists were trying to wreck Northern Ireland. Despite Sinn Fein being a political party 'peacefully' (?) campaigning for unity (whether the North wanted it or not) and being recognised by everyone including the U.K. as a political party, not one of their leaders ever condemned the IRA (Official, Provisional or or any other wingnut variety) for murdering anyone they did not approve of.
My statement about freedom fighters applies to the IRA as well.

Dave
Old 06-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Blue, I understand the arab citizens of Israel have it very well.

Gaza, or Israel? Iran, or Israel?

Pete
Old 06-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Blue, I understand the arab citizens of Israel have it very well.

Gaza, or Israel? Iran, or Israel?

Pete
Kind of a double-edged sword. They're second class citizens in Israel, but nonetheless are probably better off than Arab citizens of many other Arab nations, though not all (e.g., UAE, Morocco).
Old 06-06-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
My statement about freedom fighters applies to the IRA as well.

Dave
Fair enough. But how many fine upstanding gentlemen of Boston stopped to think about what they were being used for before dropping their coins into the Noraid tins. People don't look because they don't want to; they don't want to know.

They'd much rather keep their misty-eyed view of Auld Ireland (though heaven forfend they'd actually want to live there).

Last edited by Combwork; 06-07-2011 at 05:50 AM.