Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:52 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

If we ignore them they will get nukes. As far as Gadaffi or whatever they call him nowdays the left agrees that Obama taking out a nominal ally was correct?

It's too bad we couldn't get Turkey to take care of Irans sites.

Pete
Old 02-09-2012, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
If we ignore them they will get nukes. As far as Gadaffi or whatever they call him nowdays the left agrees that Obama taking out a nominal ally was correct?

It's too bad we couldn't get Turkey to take care of Irans sites.

Pete
They are no where close to getting nuclear weapons. Realistically, all they could do for the foreseeable future is to create electricity. They have been a year away from having a nuke for 20 years now.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
That was the point I was trying to make in the last paragraph of my post. Giving up his nuke program ultimately helped get Ghaddafi laid out on a slab.

I believe that you either missed your calling in the State Department, or you have decided to arrange the occurrences in Iran to suit your hopes, needs or desires ? I don't know which, but your views of this situation are directly contrary with the views of almost all of the world experts.

1- Libyan Leader Mu'ammar Al-Qaddafi says it like this:
"We have 50 million Muslims in Europe. There are signs that Allah will grant Islam victory in Europe - without swords, without guns, without conquests. The fifty million Muslims of Europe will turn it
into a Muslim continent within a few decades." from the Middle East Media Research Institute.

2- Iran support Hammas, Hezbollah, PLO, Al Quds and support, supply and train many other terrorist groups.

3- Ahmadinejad wants "to wipe Israel off the map"

4-Nuclear Reactors

5- In an Intelligence Assessment obtained Thursday by the National Post, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service calls the Iranian nuclear weapons programs one of “the most significant, urgent threats of weapons of mass destruction (WMD) proliferation today.”

And the most important fact: As wonderful as the Koran is, it's laws only refer to Muslims. When reading the Koran it treats all of those that are not Muslim as barbarians, ungodly creatures that deserve death, if they do not follow the one and true god, Allah!

Bill
Old 02-09-2012, 12:58 PM

Getting bad when we have to use CSIS reports to back up an argument. Even Canadians don't have much use for CSIS. And who exactly is getting them this info? All the Canadian spies we have running around in Iran?

Canadian spy in Iran:

"Like, hey guys. You boys building some of them there atom bombs, eh?"
Old 02-09-2012, 01:00 PM

wouldn't it be- "Like, hey guys. You hosers building some of them there atom bombs, eh?"
Old 02-09-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neophyte View Post
wouldn't it be- "Like, hey guys. You hosers building some of them there atom bombs, eh?"
Nah, no real Canadian would use the word hoser. That's only Americans trying to pass themselves off as Canadians who say that.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigerik View Post
Getting bad when we have to use CSIS reports to back up an argument. Even Canadians don't have much use for CSIS. And who exactly is getting them this info? All the Canadian spies we have running around in Iran?

Canadian spy in Iran:

"Like, hey guys. You boys building some of them there atom bombs, eh?"

There are many reports concerning Iran's nuclear development. Some from they already have the bomb ! through they may never will have one ?

But with hostile behavior, and threatening verbiage, they must be watched closely.

Now the IAEA believes they are developing a bomb ?

I used your CSIS, hoping you Maple Leafs would be satisfied. But I guess you don't trust your own countrymen. Well that's Canada for ya, eh.

Bill
Old 02-09-2012, 01:44 PM

Bill, there are a lot of things Canadians do well. Running a modern intelligence operation is likely not one of them. If being Canadian means being realistic about the strengths and weaknesses of your country, then I am good with it.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:38 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

We thought the USSR was a long way from the bomb, surprise!

I remember the 'take off, to the great white north' guys saying hoser Bill and Tom MacEnzie?

Pete
Old 02-09-2012, 03:19 PM
Resident octogenarian

Hey don't down the Canadian's services. Guy I went to school with was in the RCMP. He wanted to bug a barn where some seperatists were going to hold a meeting. Turned out he could not get the eavesdropping kit together in time, so he burned the barn down.

BTW, I have never said 'eh' in my life.