Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-27-2014, 01:09 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Nope! I'm happy to report I checked before starting I've had the misfortune of that bolt breaking before.

Pete
Old 01-27-2014, 06:33 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Acetylene wrench! That'll work!
Old 01-27-2014, 07:16 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
Acetylene wrench! That'll work!
A cutting torch works for me! It makes it easier to fit that rice burner into a dumpster.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:17 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

LMAO!!

With the rotation, if it was in the car I could fit the breaker bar with an extension and hit the key Works great on SB fords.

But it's not in the car It's so cold the mech isn't working so I have more time. I might, maybe, if I really feel like it head back over next sat and try some MAP gas. One of my Cleveland nephews also mentioned a type of tool that you mount and hit with a hammer, he says it works great, I can't find it online so I'm going to head over there to check it out. He paid $65 for it.

Pete
Old 02-03-2014, 11:54 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I finally got a aholt of a friend of mine, sure enough he knew a ricer guy, knows the car and the engine, flat price for everything I want done, very fair and 2 days! My nephew is bursting at the seams.

Pete
Old 02-11-2014, 10:04 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

He gets the car tomorrow! Hope it was worth it.

Pete
Old 02-11-2014, 10:10 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Oh and I almost forgot to blather on about the mighty 03 Grand Marquis. Just an observation, I've complained about how the cop suspension is too hard, well I had to go through Cleveland's west side, west on one road (Clark), came back east on another (Denison), these roads were bad before winter and now look abandoned. I'd fear for any FWD 'regular' car, the big Mercury handles the rough roads ('rough' doesn't do it justice) with aplomb. Crazy 'bout a Mercury?

Pete
Old 02-13-2014, 10:59 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Apparently I did good on my S-10, it appears I can turn a fair profit on it.

Which leaves me in a quandary. I'd much rather drive something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251449055990...E:B:SS:US:3160

Or as I hear more and more to expect gas prices to drop a lot this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251449637286...E:B:SS:US:3160

While I was PLANNING on finishing the S-10 refresh this spring and keeping it on the 5 year plan. Input appreciated, as my mind is scheming mightily

Pete
Old 02-13-2014, 11:54 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

A truck is always a good thing to have. Just ask your friends!
Old 02-13-2014, 12:15 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I know! I've already moved with it, helped a couple times with plywood etc with friends and family and transported an engine for my nephew. And, I do like it, it's a pretty cool vehicle, but it's not very comfortable. The seat needs say 2 additional notches back and I have to take my foot off the clutch to operate the window (my knee's in the way). I once had 3 adults in it and I'm very glad I can do the 1-3-5 shift

But still, I like it. It does need a lot though, again not that that bothers me much. No rust so repairs are worthwhile imo. Still I could get something like that Crown Vic and even with new paint and whatever else I thought it'd need I'd end up in the black. The big Mark would be close to a wash. Then 12 mpg. I'm thinking something like that should probably remain a pipe dream.

There's another route that I've been toying with. My SO doesn't really like the 03 Grand Marquis, too bland. I could sell the truck and buy a NICE 'old' body style diesel Mercedes for her, a W114 or W115, bulletproof and stylish, a fantastic cruiser, they ride and drive so nicely, they are amazing to drive. And I'd have the 03

Pete