Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-26-2013, 03:10 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Sorry I don't know what you're referring to Lech Walesa?

I lived in 'Slavic Village' during the great movement in Poland, those banners were everywhere!

Pete
Old 03-26-2013, 03:15 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Sorry I don't know what you're referring to Lech Walesa?

I lived in 'Slavic Village' during the great movement in Poland, those banners were everywhere!

Pete
Yeah Walesa! Came off as a swell headed difficult prick.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:18 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Ach that's too bad. It was an exciting time.

Pete
Old 03-26-2013, 03:26 PM

Is it coincidence that red is the common color of Communism and Neoconservatives?
Old 03-26-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
Welcome!

Not sure why you NY is a wreck however.
Thank you,

I feel NY is becoming a wreck for one big reason, taxes. All this state does is tax, tax, and tax some more. Everything you do or buy in NY they want to tax, and what is it doing...driving people away which just lowers the tax base causing you to further increase taxes. Every county north of the city lost population in the last census. Folks just can't take it anymore. High state income tax. Sales tax 8 1/8% in my county. We get charged $40 a year on our vehicle registration because there are mass transit trains that run to the city in my county; so create the MTA tax. I have never used the rail system, but because it exists they decided several years ago this was a good idea.

Gas right now $4.05 a gallon for regular. In NJ just twenty minutes away it is $3.45, why...tax. Part of the wonderful state budget this year, keep the "temporary" energy tax going which adds to our cost of fuel oil, electricity, or natural gas. They tax small business to hell and then wonder why they leave and add to the unemployment rate. We have had a group of buffoon governors in the last several years and it is really starting to show.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:58 PM
Jigsawed

For what its worth the city recently reported a positive net migration.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Howdy Mike.

I saw a fireman driving a Toyota pickup the other day.....

Pete
The Tundra and the Tacoma are manufactured in San Antonio,Texas. Toyota Motor Manufacturing Texas.

One of the five other US Toyota plants probably built the engines and other parts.

I have a 93 Toyota extended cab 4WD pickup. The bed was manufactured in California. It has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. I even got a recall notice to fix a front end part just a few years ago. It was a free fix and I got a loaner car. I am probably one of a few people that are actually the original owners of a 93 Toyota truck. I have two standing offers from people who want to buy it for $9,000 I paid $14,000 for it. It is almost broken in with only 86,000 miles on it. I have a hard time finding fault in a vehicle that has had two actual mechanical problems. One was the starter solenoid and the other was an AC compressor. Of course I handled the AC problem myself. All other work was scheduled maintenance. Like the timing belt and I did change the water pump while I was in there.

My work truck is a Chevy 2500HD 4WD that was manufactured in Canada. You don't want to feed that beast gas. It gets 10 mpg on a good day. A 400 HP Vortec V8 does make it scoot though and I have a company gas card.

Guess what I saw a fireman driving the other day. A fire truck. Imagine that.

To Mike, welcome aboard and remember it can get rough in here at times. Don't let it get under your skin. Most folks here, including myself, are pretty much full of sh!t. Don't get paranoid if the spam filter censors so************************t Ever here of that hard on pill that starts with a c.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:51 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG22 View Post
Thank you,

I feel NY is becoming a wreck for one big reason, taxes. All this state does is tax, tax, and tax some more. Everything you do or buy in NY they want to tax, and what is it doing...driving people away which just lowers the tax base causing you to further increase taxes. Every county north of the city lost population in the last census. Folks just can't take it anymore. High state income tax. Sales tax 8 1/8% in my county. We get charged $40 a year on our vehicle registration because there are mass transit trains that run to the city in my county; so create the MTA tax. I have never used the rail system, but because it exists they decided several years ago this was a good idea.

Gas right now $4.05 a gallon for regular. In NJ just twenty minutes away it is $3.45, why...tax. Part of the wonderful state budget this year, keep the "temporary" energy tax going which adds to our cost of fuel oil, electricity, or natural gas. They tax small business to hell and then wonder why they leave and add to the unemployment rate. We have had a group of buffoon governors in the last several years and it is really starting to show.
Sounds like you are a neighbor.

Last edited by noonereal; 03-26-2013 at 08:01 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgrr View Post
To Mike, welcome aboard and remember it can get rough in here at times. Don't let it get under your skin. Most folks here, including myself, are pretty much full of sh!t. Don't get paranoid if the spam filter censors so************************t Ever here of that hard on pill that starts with a c.
I work with a bunch of guys that all we do is break balls all day so trust me I have awfully thick skin. I don't think I could hang out with someone who couldn't take a joke or realize it's not personal. Anyways thanks for the welcome and I'm sure everyone here will be tired of hearing my $hit after awhile...lol

Hey noonereal, I'm in southern Orange to give you an idea. The county of the largest grossing shopping mall in NY and high county taxes because money gets pissed away all over. Oh then there is KJ if you know what I mean which is a giant bubble of unconstitutional crap. I'm sure ill be ranting at some point about those guys.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:59 PM
Admin

I think we've got you beat out here on the left coast, Mike. 8.75% sales tax and regular has been over $4.00 for a while here in the other Orange County. Ah well, all we can do is kvetch, eh?