Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-16-2015, 03:06 PM
Banned

The CNN Debate/Trump Is The Boss

Reckon if there will be questions challenging Trump's complete ignorance of most issues one deals with as President. His lack of knowledge is pretty remarkable. So far when confronted with this he says he will "hire" people with the information.

But here's the thing about Trump. He's the boss. He takes input from nobody. He even talks about this issue like a boss. He's "hiring" people to work for him. He isn't arranging for staff to consult with. Trump consults with nobody. You are either working for Trump or working against Trump. No consulting allowed. That is the limit of Trump's professional relationships. He's worse than Jobs. At least Jobs rarely sued anybody. Don't go along with everything Donald wants and he'll have you in court for the rest of your life. Or if you're Secretary of State, Defense, Health and Human Services, etc., and don't comply immediately..."you're fired."

And yet...nobody confronts him on this. Not the reporters, not the interviewers, not even his opponents in debate. It's unbelievable.
Old 09-16-2015, 04:19 PM

An old story The Emperor's New Clothes.

He keeps saying if a person whose parents are from Mexico is born here we "will have to take care of him for the next 85 years" a patently offensive statement that I am sure is not being taken too kindly by a large segment of Latino voters. It is like saying all white people born here never need the government or go on welfare.

But no one is calling him out on it. I think it is a combination of the media not wanting a story to die and more cynically hoping his ascendancy will help the Democrats next year.

I think though that many Republicans really, really like him and respect (and reflect) his views. He may make it to Cleveland.
Old 09-16-2015, 04:20 PM

Don't fall off your chair, Ike....... But I agree with you on this.

My prediction.... Should Trump become president, we will see war on United States soil.
He is going to get in the face of some world leader that doesn't put up with that kind of crap and the fighting will begin.
Old 09-16-2015, 04:50 PM
Ready

A right-wing authoritarian leader brought about war on Italian soil. The consequences were bad enough that this struck the Italians who caught him as the thing to do to Mussolini:

And keep in mind that 'war on US soil' means nukes.
Old 09-16-2015, 05:13 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
Don't fall off your chair, Ike....... But I agree with you on this.

My prediction.... Should Trump become president, we will see war on United States soil.
He is going to get in the face of some world leader that doesn't put up with that kind of crap and the fighting will begin.
War on US soil because Trump, a president, speaks bluntly/offensively to a foreign leader.
Old 09-16-2015, 05:27 PM

Trump is good for the low information voter...they are easily entertained by his Howard Stern like humor...very similar styles. The problem is that the the other candidates are not as entertaining. He is really digging a big hole for the GOP next year.
Old 09-16-2015, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
War on US soil because Trump, a president, speaks bluntly/offensively to a foreign leader.

Yep..... He is going to get his arrogant belligerent self into another leader's face and insult and demean and piss someone off that has a finger on the war trigger.

How do you think a conversation between Trump and that North Korean leader would go......
Old 09-16-2015, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
Yep..... He is going to get his arrogant belligerent self into another leader's face and insult and demean and piss someone off that has a finger on the war trigger.

How do you think a conversation between Trump and that North Korean leader would go......
How can you tell them apart? Hair color, fashion sense, and accent. Not much else.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2015, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Trump is good for the low information voter...they are easily entertained by his Howard Stern like humor...very similar styles. The problem is that the the other candidates are not as entertaining. He is really digging a big hole for the GOP next year.

Exactly right.

Trump is a media whore and he knows how to work the media.
Old 09-16-2015, 05:55 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Trump candidacy is good for the general public. He deals with some issues which would have been given little attention and he is able to project arguments which are anathema to core Republicans;e.g extra tax on the hedge fund clique.