Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Suggestion Box

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:58 AM
Abby Normal

I have a serious idea. A political comedy forum.
Political satire is a mainstay of a Democratic country.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:56 PM

Wouldn't work. We all know that making fun of The Obamessiah is tantamount to criticism, & therefore ipso facto, Racism. Anything that is NOT 100%, fulsome, masturbatory, gushing praise of His Holiness, Barak the Firstest, is Racist, & will subject the writer to charges of Bigotry, which in Barak's America is at least 10X worse than being a pedophile...Actually, having a differing opinion than that of The Ruling Party Forever, Amen, Inc. is grounds for being labeled an un-American heretic & blasphemer...
Old 08-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
We all know that making fun of The Obamessiah is tantamount to criticism, & therefore ipso facto, Racism. ...

I think that peoples with little exposure to the black culture often post racist remakes without realizing that they are.
Racism and criticism of Obama are two clearly different things however.
Fox devotes hour after hour of air time to criticism of Obama but cannot be called racist.

For example continually calling Obama the messiah is not racist, it is simply voicing disgust for what he stands for and that is understood.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
I think that peoples with little exposure to the black culture often post racist remakes without realizing that they are.
Racism and criticism of Obama are two clearly different things however.
Fox devotes hour after hour of air time to criticism of Obama but cannot be called racist.

For example continually calling Obama the messiah is not racist, it is simply voicing disgust for what he stands for and that is understood.

I find people of colors views of him to be ( excuse ) the pun colored. They feel the man ( yes he is a mere man ) can do nothing wrong. Hence why some refer to him as a messiah. Do I like it ? No, but i understand why they speak of him like this.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:10 PM

I call him "The Obamessiah" 'cause that's how his more rabid supporters think of him...I remember back last fall, the little kids singing his praises-Reminded me of Hitler Youth rallies, & I remember seeing more than one of his female supporters working herself up into almost orgiastic glee over ALL the things Our Barak, Who Art In Heaven was gonna accomplish...Surprise, surprise...He's just a politician, a CRAFTY one, to be sure, having learnt his art in Duh Great City of Chicogguh, but he's still just a politician. He CAN'T walk on water, & I think he & his followers are coming to the realisation that running the USA is just a tad more difficult than they had bargained for...
Old 08-06-2009, 03:18 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
I call him "The Obamessiah" 'cause that's how his more rabid supporters think of him...I remember back last fall, the little kids singing his praises-Reminded me of Hitler Youth rallies, & I remember seeing more than one of his female supporters working herself up into almost orgiastic glee over ALL the things Our Barak, Who Art In Heaven was gonna accomplish...Surprise, surprise...He's just a politician, a CRAFTY one, to be sure, having learnt his art in Duh Great City of Chicogguh, but he's still just a politician. He CAN'T walk on water, & I think he & his followers are coming to the realisation that running the USA is just a tad more difficult than they had bargained for...
i do agree that the euphoria that sometimes showed on some of his supporters was off putting
I also think that at times he gets high from the adulation but then I know you don't want to know what I though of the boy king
Old 08-06-2009, 03:23 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
I find people of colors views of him to be ( excuse ) the pun colored. They feel the man ( yes he is a mere man ) can do nothing wrong. Hence why some refer to him as a messiah. Do I like it ? No, but i understand why they speak of him like this.
I think these people you speak of (and I admit they exist) are not much different than the blind Palin worshipers.

Hard for me to not see that Obie is narcissist, hard for me not to see that Sarah is a dolt.

Everyone is different. Some of us just have a gift to find fault in any politician.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
I know you don't want to know what I though of the boy king
Oh, yeah ? What DID you think of good ol' Chimpy McHalliburton Bushitler ? He frequently reminded me of the look a deer has when you catch it in yr headlights... Chimpy thought that the way to curry favor was to throw the mazuma around worse than a drunken sailor in a cheap Cathouse...An' he done a WONDERFUL job of it, too, until THIS Beauzeau came along, makin' poor ol' Chimpy look like an absolute piker in the spending dept....
Old 08-06-2009, 05:16 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Oh, yeah ? What DID you think of good ol' Chimpy McHalliburton Bushitler ? He frequently reminded me of the look a deer has when you catch it in yr headlights... Chimpy thought that the way to curry favor was to throw the mazuma around worse than a drunken sailor in a cheap Cathouse...An' he done a WONDERFUL job of it, too, until THIS Beauzeau came along, makin' poor ol' Chimpy look like an absolute piker in the spending dept....
Good to know you are an equal opportunity hater.

I think we all admire that
Old 08-06-2009, 09:04 PM

Hell, yeah-I'm an "Old School" malcontent-Brown vs. Board of Education-type...I hate EVERYBODY, separately, but equally...(grin) Republicans USED to stand for a limited, penurious form of gov't-but now they seem to want to try to outspend the Democrats.... At least they TRY to appear like they're for lower taxes, the Democrats make no bones about the fact that they're for taxing the Eeevil Rich into oblivion...Trouble is, their definition of "Eeevil Rich" gets more & more all-encompassing every day...Used to be, a person who started out with modest means, worked hard, built up a business, & did well for himself & his community, was lauded & respected. Now, he is an enemy of the state, practically, someone who MUST have cheated others to have gotten where he is, so therefore he WILL be punished by taxing as much of his wealth away as possible...America was, at one time, the "Land of Opportunity", now we are turning it into the "Land of Confiscatory Taxation".