Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-22-2017, 03:47 PM
Admin

Lyin' Paul Ryan, Speaker of the House

"In a town hall last night, House Speaker Paul Ryan repeated the talking point. “The status quo is not an option. Obamacare is not working,” he said, “We’ve got dozens of counties around America that have zero insurers left.”
It used to be true that dozens of counties lacked any insurer for the exchanges. This was not a good argument against Obamacare, since the lack of insurers was largely a result of the Trump administration deliberately driving them out. Nor was it a good argument for the Republican replacement, the largest effect of which was to slash funding for Medicaid, a solution not even plausibly related to the separate problems of the exchanges. But it was, at least, an argument for action of some kind.
At this point, that “fact” is no longer a fact. With the threat of repeal gone, insurers have filled in the remaining counties without a provider. At the moment there is one county, with 334 enrollees, lacking a provider. Not dozens." New York Magazine

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...ght-false.html

Bald faced lying seems to be the only game left to the Republican leadership. Well, that and milquetoast denunciations of Trump propping up Neo-Nazis and the Klan.
Old 08-22-2017, 05:29 PM
Admin

Seeing how Prez. Orange Shart has reached over 1000 lies in seven short months, I guess we shouldn't be surprised.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.be9152b6c452