Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Site News
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-01-2014, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
It's not due to any inability. It's a manifestation of the emotions. Some people enjoy kicking others around.
From what I've noticed, it's more prevalent on the anonymous WWW than it is at the "County Line" where someone can reach across the table, grab you by the shirt, and bust your head open with a long neck.

A lot to be said from learning decorum from the "lowbrows".

Makes Jack a polite boy...unless he wants to play for keeps.

Chas
Old 08-01-2014, 07:21 PM
Admin

How've you been doing you ol' reprobate? Drowning worms I trust.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Agreed that it is sad. I know the comment about the chosen few was tongue in cheek, but if you look at us we are really the outcasts. We engage here in the conversations that are forbidden at AK. In any event, I thought that we could be governed by the concept that this is a marketplace of ideas, but it hard to have a market when there are some who insist on knocking over the apple cart.

By the way, glad to see you poking you head in every once in a while.

Regards,

D-Ray
I've always been of the notion that if you can ignore a problem long enough, it will take care of itself. And 99% of the time that is the case.

Unfortunately, you're Marshall Dillion. You have accepted the responsibility to go forth and settle issues of which even you are not positive of who is the "good" guy or the "bad" one. Which puts you in a bad situation, as it counters your innate appreciation of the free flow of ideas...thus free flowing discourse...no matter what the level.

In other words, you have become one of those your abhor.

You know, when I was young I wanted power...not so much to control people, but to prevent them from controlling me. And I have achieved a certain amount of it.

The flip side of the coin is it comes with responsibility. Hell, I don't wanna be the boss, but I don't for sure wanna be the serf.

Are my intoxicated ramblings making any sense?

Chas
Old 08-01-2014, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
How've you been doing you ol' reprobate? Drowning worms I trust.
We've been sparing the worms.

Last time out Manns DD20's were the hot ticket. Along with the big Reef Runners.

I was ready to kill my wife. Long liners as ourselves know that you have to be at the right place, at the right time, and at the right depth. You have maybe an hour of two window. Every few days.

And we were there. Didn't catch shit. Finally I looked to the rear of the boat and neither rod tip was working. The lures were fouled together.

Now I don't mind being the Charter Captain/Indian Guide and running the boat on a contour and letting her catch the fish...but she's had enough experience to know the rod tips aren't working...and to say something.

Wimmen, can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em. If they didn't have legs they would leave a trail on the ground like a slug. And they can't fish for shit.

Don't tell her I said this!!!

Chas
Old 08-02-2014, 06:09 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
From what I've noticed, it's more prevalent on the anonymous WWW than it is at the "County Line" where someone can reach across the table, grab you by the shirt, and bust your head open with a long neck.

A lot to be said from learning decorum from the "lowbrows".

Makes Jack a polite boy...unless he wants to play for keeps.

Chas
Well yes. The fact that in cyberspace no one can bust your head, no matter how much you piss them off, just means more people will get into the habit of being a shit for kicks and laughs.
Old 08-02-2014, 08:00 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
We've been sparing the worms.

Last time out Manns DD20's were the hot ticket. Along with the big Reef Runners.

I was ready to kill my wife. Long liners as ourselves know that you have to be at the right place, at the right time, and at the right depth. You have maybe an hour of two window. Every few days.

And we were there. Didn't catch shit. Finally I looked to the rear of the boat and neither rod tip was working. The lures were fouled together.

Now I don't mind being the Charter Captain/Indian Guide and running the boat on a contour and letting her catch the fish...but she's had enough experience to know the rod tips aren't working...and to say something.

Wimmen, can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em. If they didn't have legs they would leave a trail on the ground like a slug. And they can't fish for shit.

Don't tell her I said this!!!

Chas
There is a paragraph in this post that made peanuts and Coke come out of my nose! I'm not gonna say which one it was.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:10 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
There is a paragraph in this post that made peanuts and Coke come out of my nose! I'm not gonna say which one it was.
Charles saw 'offensive posts' in the thread title and took it as a challenge. You may laugh, but I wonder how the ladies present feel about it.

Another difference between cyberspace and your roadhouse, Charles, is that in Cyberspace, you can't check who's listening before you start trashing some group....
Old 08-02-2014, 11:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Charles saw 'offensive posts' in the thread title and took it as a challenge. You may laugh, but I wonder how the ladies present feel about it.

Another difference between cyberspace and your roadhouse, Charles, is that in Cyberspace, you can't check who's listening before you start trashing some group....
Maybe we should take a look at it then?

I see 90% of the titles members here post as the heading of a topic offensive. But being so bias of a site 90% of the members look at it as normal behavior and appropriate.

I find 90% of the crap coming out of Obamas mouth offensive should we omit it from the conversation?

I find 90% of liberals would prefer to eliminate free speach when it's not theirs.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:34 PM
Ready

Political views you don't like are one thing. Personal insult and abuse are another. I think the consensus is you have to put up with the first, but we want some limits to the second.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:38 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
Maybe we should take a look at it then?

I see 90% of the titles members here post as the heading of a topic offensive. But being so bias of a site 90% of the members look at it as normal behavior and appropriate.

I find 90% of the crap coming out of Obamas mouth offensive should we omit it from the conversation?

I find 90% of liberals would prefer to eliminate free speach when it's not theirs.
Still trying to tell the moderators how to do their jobs I see.