Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-23-2011, 12:53 PM

NYT So Much for Obama's Green Jobs

Even the New York Times is beginning to see the BS from the current administration:

"On Friday, the Times printed a harsh assessment of the state of the "green" economy—including a conclusion that the President's promise to create five million green jobs over 10 years has proven to be nothing more than "a pipe dream," with California's Bay Area providing a particularly poignant example of how "green" jobs have actually been lost, not gained:

In the Bay Area as in much of the country, the green economy is not proving to be the job-creation engine that many politicians envisioned . . ."

Considering that a recent study of the the ultra left SF Bay area actually shows a loss of green jobs from 2003 to 2010, one wonders the competency of the Obama administration's forecasters.

Last edited by bhunter; 08-23-2011 at 01:07 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:27 PM
Resident octogenarian

So how many jobs have all the corporations provided - in America that is? How many jobs have all the new GOP governors eliminated?

I note that all the multi-nationals object to reporting how many jobs they created off-shore and how many they created (or lost) here in America

Last edited by merrylander; 08-23-2011 at 01:32 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
Considering that a recent study of the the ultra left SF Bay area actually shows a loss of green jobs from 2003 to 2010, one wonders the competency of the Obama administration's forecasters.
...or 'honesty'. Obama's going to have a choice in what to push for in how the more recent history books are going to judge his and his administration's legacy. He can try to be be seen as either corrupt and dishonest or simply very incompetent. I'd tend to reach for incompetent if I were him, but his supporters likely prefer (and will more readily acknowledge) the former.

I'm so glad I outgrew liberalism while still realitively young. There's nothng more embarrassing than an 'old' fool.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:10 PM
Resident octogenarian

[QUOTE=mezz;70532I'm so glad I outgrew liberalism while still realitively young. There's nothng more embarrassing than an 'old' fool.[/QUOTE]

You could cover all the mirrors.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
Even the New York Times is beginning to see the BS from the current administration:

"On Friday, the Times printed a harsh assessment of the state of the "green" economy—including a conclusion that the President's promise to create five million green jobs over 10 years has proven to be nothing more than "a pipe dream," with California's Bay Area providing a particularly poignant example of how "green" jobs have actually been lost, not gained:

In the Bay Area as in much of the country, the green economy is not proving to be the job-creation engine that many politicians envisioned . . ."

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...make "green" energy effective and affordable and I'll be the greenest sumbitch on the planet.

Right now, I'm a walking "Green Alert".

Let's get real, shall we?

Ground source heat pumps work. Super insulated houses work. There are vehicles using existing technology that get 40 MPG.

Windmills and solar panels are NOT going to supply our energy needs, not at this time, if ever.

All the Obama Administration is doing it trying to make EXISTING sources of energy so expensive that all of this "GREEN" horseshit can compete.

If you think his handling of the economy poll numbers are in the shitter now, just wait until you're paying twice what you're paying for energy now...and sitting in the dark. Without a fucking job.

To be fair, his masters, the corporate monoliths are "GREEN" as well. GE is Green. British Petroleum is green. The bastards that haul your garbage to the dump are green. I've even got a can of "GREEN" lacquer thinner.

And anyone who can't see through all of this green bullshit isn't "GREEN", they're blind as a fucking bat.

IMHO.

And I am most humble, being a nobody or nothing from Bugtussell...that teaches you humility.

And now, in all humility, I'd like to ask what is wrong with dancing this the one you came with until something better comes along?

Unless your idea of a good time is sitting home alone and jacking off in the dark.

Chas
Old 08-23-2011, 05:19 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Unless your idea of a good time is sitting home alone and jacking off in the dark.

Chas
Hmmmm. Gotta ponder this choice for a little bit.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Hmmmm. Gotta ponder this choice for a little bit.
Love a man with an open mind!!!

Chas
Old 08-23-2011, 05:46 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again...make "green" energy effective and affordable and I'll be the greenest sumbitch on the planet.

Right now, I'm a walking "Green Alert".

Let's get real, shall we?

Ground source heat pumps work. Super insulated houses work. There are vehicles using existing technology that get 40 MPG.

Windmills and solar panels are NOT going to supply our energy needs, not at this time, if ever.

All the Obama Administration is doing it trying to make EXISTING sources of energy so expensive that all of this "GREEN" horseshit can compete.

If you think his handling of the economy poll numbers are in the shitter now, just wait until you're paying twice what you're paying for energy now...and sitting in the dark. Without a fucking job.

To be fair, his masters, the corporate monoliths are "GREEN" as well. GE is Green. British Petroleum is green. The bastards that haul your garbage to the dump are green. I've even got a can of "GREEN" lacquer thinner.

And anyone who can't see through all of this green bullshit isn't "GREEN", they're blind as a fucking bat.

IMHO.

And I am most humble, being a nobody or nothing from Bugtussell...that teaches you humility.

And now, in all humility, I'd like to ask what is wrong with dancing this the one you came with until something better comes along?

Chas
Great post.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:01 AM
Area Man

Quote:

Chas
I like it better with the lights on. You can poke all the fun you want, but at least Rosy and her sisters never run up my credit cards, or bitch at me for drinkin' too much......................

Dave
Old 08-24-2011, 01:02 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
So how many jobs have all the corporations provided - in America that is? How many jobs have all the new GOP governors eliminated?

I note that all the multi-nationals object to reporting how many jobs they created off-shore and how many they created (or lost) here in America
Been wonderin' that myself.

Dave