Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-21-2012, 03:17 PM
bobabode's Avatar
bobabode bobabode is offline
Just Bob
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Behind the Orange Curtain in California
Posts: 32,034
So, what music are you listening to now?

David Crosby- If I Could Only Remember My Name. Favorite track is Cowboy Movie.
Next up is The Band-Last Waltz- Up on Cripple Creek
__________________
I am not a member of any organized political party.
I am a Democrat.' Will Rogers
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-21-2012, 03:22 PM
BlueStreak's Avatar
BlueStreak BlueStreak is offline
Area Man
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Swamp
Posts: 26,773
I don't know what it is. It's the radio and I'm half concious.

Dave
__________________
"When the lie is so big and the fog so thick, the Republican trick can play out again....."-------Frank Zappa
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-21-2012, 03:37 PM
Charles Charles is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 10,348
NPR, some kind of cool jazz.

Chas
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-21-2012, 03:40 PM
BlueStreak's Avatar
BlueStreak BlueStreak is offline
Area Man
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Swamp
Posts: 26,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
NPR, some kind of cool jazz.

Chas
Oh, you Commie pinko, listening to the "government run radio"....Woooooooo.....

Seriously, we have two NPR stations here, on Classical and one Jazz. It's all I ever listen to anymore. The rest is junk.

Dave
__________________
"When the lie is so big and the fog so thick, the Republican trick can play out again....."-------Frank Zappa
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-21-2012, 04:39 PM
bhunter's Avatar
bhunter bhunter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: San Diego California
Posts: 3,247
Here's my latest for the morning.

Great Northern Remind Me Where The Light Is 2009
Lady Antebellum ST 2008
The Mountain Goats Get Lonely 2006
Nils Lofgren Cry Tough 1976
The Mountain Goats Tallahasse 2002

I think I'm in a Classical mood for the evening.
__________________
Dear Optimist: Unless life gives you water and sugar too, your lemonade will suck.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-21-2012, 04:39 PM
Charles Charles is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 10,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Oh, you Commie pinko, listening to the "government run radio"....Woooooooo.....

Seriously, we have two NPR stations here, on Classical and one Jazz. It's all I ever listen to anymore. The rest is junk.

Dave
Same for me, other I can pull in three or four more depending on the weather conditions.

The one I listen to won college station of the year, last year I think. University of Missouri is the classical one, only they pretty much play NPR news and some bullshit I call "Kitchen Klatter for Liberals" over and over all day. I don't mind hearing the liberal side of things, but I don't want to listen to reruns of it five times a day.

If it wasn't such a pain in the ass, I'd extend the mast on my Weinguard omni and pull some new shielded cable to my receiver.

Chas
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-21-2012, 04:41 PM
Charles Charles is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 10,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
Here's my latest for the morning.

Great Northern Remind Me Where The Light Is 2009
Lady Antebellum ST 2008
The Mountain Goats Get Lonely 2006
Nils Lofgren Cry Tough 1976
The Mountain Goats Tallahasse 2002

I think I'm in a Classical mood for the evening.
Five disc changer?

Chas
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-21-2012, 04:42 PM
d-ray657's Avatar
d-ray657 d-ray657 is offline
Loyal Opposition
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Johnson County, Kansas
Posts: 14,331
BB King in concert with Dave Brubeck
Soul Coughing
Dixie Dregs
Ben Harper
Sobriquet

Regards,

D-Ray
__________________
Then I'll get on my knees and pray,
We won't get fooled again; Don't get fooled again
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-21-2012, 04:53 PM
BlueStreak's Avatar
BlueStreak BlueStreak is offline
Area Man
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Swamp
Posts: 26,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Same for me, other I can pull in three or four more depending on the weather conditions.

The one I listen to won college station of the year, last year I think. University of Missouri is the classical one, only they pretty much play NPR news and some bullshit I call "Kitchen Klatter for Liberals" over and over all day. I don't mind hearing the liberal side of things, but I don't want to listen to reruns of it five times a day.

If it wasn't such a pain in the ass, I'd extend the mast on my Weinguard omni and pull some new shielded cable to my receiver.

Chas
I've been running a Magnum Dynalab ST1 on the roof for years. Think it might be time for an ST2. Or maybe the Highly regarded Fanfare model? I also think I need to raise the mast another section or two.

How do you like the Weingard?

Dave
__________________
"When the lie is so big and the fog so thick, the Republican trick can play out again....."-------Frank Zappa
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-21-2012, 06:44 PM
finnbow's Avatar
finnbow finnbow is offline
Reformed Know-Nothing
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: MoCo, MD
Posts: 20,089
I've been listening to some new(er) music lately.

The Decemberists - The King is Dead
The Civil Wars - Barton Hollow
Gillian Welch - The Harrow and the Harvest
Vampire Weekend - S/T (my son's album. Catchy stuff.)
__________________
As long as the roots are not severed, all will be well in the garden.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.