Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-12-2017, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
But, stop telling others what to think and do, asshole.
Um...hate to point this out to you, but isn't your post above essentially you attempting to tell me what to do, or not to do? From this man's perspective, the left is all about telling folks what they can do and not do, what they should think or not think, what they should say or not say, etc. Apparently you're the type who can dish it out, but can't take it

Just for the record, I'll say whatever I believe is right, ass hole.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPots View Post
I have to wonder why the right has it's panties in a bunch over this silly political correctness when they've had a war against PC for decades and generally hate the very idea of being politically correct.
Still don't get it, do you? Its not about PC. Its not about freedom of speech. Its about respect for tradition, and for the country that gives these idiots the right to behave like folks.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Hey Mike; Here is how your government controls your thoughts, you order following drone;

https://www.cato.org/publications/co...-just-stifling
See post 212, you pre-programmed bilge pump.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:27 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Still don't get it, do you? Its not about PC. Its not about freedom of speech. Its about respect for tradition, and for the country that gives these idiots the right to behave like folks.
Again; Who ever told you that you cannot stand for the anthem? The same people that stopped you from saying "Merry Christmas", I'm guessing. Which would be.......NO ONE, EVER. Unless it's the voices in your head?
Old 10-12-2017, 06:33 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Um...hate to point this out to you, but isn't your post above essentially you attempting to tell me what to do, or not to do? From this man's perspective, the left is all about telling folks what they can do and not do, what they should think or not think, what they should say or not say, etc. Apparently you're the type who can dish it out, but can't take it

Just for the record, I'll say whatever I believe is right, ass hole.
So, the kneeling is fine with you, then? You can deal with it without twisting and stretching into a half dozen things it is not? And, what's with your Herr Trump and Unterfuerher Pence rallying their saluting masses to boycott the NFL?

Last edited by BlueStreak; 10-12-2017 at 06:41 PM.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:40 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Yes, it absolutely IS all about PC. Shaming people for their speech and opinions is no more new to the right as it is to the left. Everything that runs contrary to Conservative ideology somehow gets twisted into "disrespect" for the flag or the troops or veterans or hate for our country, etc., etc., etc.....

THAT IS AN ATTEMPT TO STIFLE OPPOSING FREE SPEECH THROUGH PUBLIC SHAMING. Looks, sounds and smells like PC to me.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:03 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:

That's because we did not have a president playing the "patriotic correctness" game back then. We had actual choice and freedom of expression in those days.
Tricky Dick was president when I was a member of the Class of 72 and the Silent Majority was in a way his patriotically correct base. I think we still have actual choice and freedom of expression. Maybe even more now than then and a larger segment of the populace has it now.

Last edited by nailer; 10-13-2017 at 06:13 AM.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:09 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Yes, it absolutely IS all about PC. Shaming people for their speech and opinions is no more new to the right as it is to the left. Everything that runs contrary to Conservative ideology somehow gets twisted into "disrespect" for the flag or the troops or veterans or hate for our country, etc., etc., etc.....

THAT IS AN ATTEMPT TO STIFLE OPPOSING FREE SPEECH THROUGH PUBLIC SHAMING. Looks, sounds and smells like PC to me.
I fully concur.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:48 PM

I can only propose one solution, the NFL players go on strike if any of them are benched after taking a knee. We then get a whole bunch of Fake NFL players, aka scabs. I am sure the scabs will stand at attention and after the anthem turn towards the owners box, give a deep bow and straighten up and salute them.

Then no one will want to go to any games, Trump will find someone else to pick on. Hillary, Sessions, McConnell, Flake, Corker, Tillerson, an endless list. DC will become entertainment capital of the world again.

Real reason Trump is picking on NFL owners & players is that he would not buy into one.
Old 10-13-2017, 06:00 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
In other words, it's about freedom of speech.