Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-28-2015, 09:35 PM
Ready

So much for the warm-ups. We await a review of the headliner!
Old 08-28-2015, 09:48 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

The sycophantic nitwit Palin makes Trump look downright statesmanlike. She's truly awful in her role as a TV "journalist." The Donald broke no new ground as he wasn't even remotely confronted on any issue. It was a love fest.

Last edited by finnbow; 08-28-2015 at 09:53 PM.
Old 08-29-2015, 04:26 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post
TJ, I am thoroughly entertained by Trump's theatrics
The Donald in Boston despite its comedic value highlighted some issues which often get buried.

Like him or hate him when Trump is at the podium there is a feeling of spontaneity, of free interaction between him and the people; nothing seems
scripted.

He once said we should get rid of the teleprompter.

That alone should drive fear into some politicians.

Last edited by Dondilion; 08-29-2015 at 12:03 PM.
Old 08-29-2015, 08:05 AM
Persona non grata

It's becoming more and more obvious to me that the Republican Party elites are not going to allow Trump to get the nomination. They will do whatever it takes. If it comes right down to the convention and Trump has won enough in the primaries they will blatantly bypass the voters and cut a back room deal like in the old days and give the nomination to a more "acceptable" candidate.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:04 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
It's becoming more and more obvious to me that the Republican Party elites are not going to allow Trump to get the nomination. They will do whatever it takes. If it comes right down to the convention and Trump has won enough in the primaries they will blatantly bypass the voters and cut a back room deal like in the old days and give the nomination to a more "acceptable" candidate.
And that would likely cause an irreconcilable split between the GOP establishment and the Tea Party/Angry Old White Faction and the establishment's more electable candidate wouldn't get elected.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:05 AM

Quote:
That would be easy to do unless Trump rolls in with a majority of delegates.
IF he did get into the convention with a big chunk of supporters and was somehow neutralized it would cause a big negative reaction among the base.
Still good news for Hillary.

You have to remember that the RNC cannot stop Trump....perhaps the Koch Brothers can but they would alienate many of the rabid right wing.

I hate Trump because he is trying to mix some progressive views with what can only be seen as racism....constantly blaming one segment of the nation's population for problems that quite frankly are not their fault at all. Germany did that back in the 1930s. If anyone thinks I am hyperbolic just listen to him.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
The thing is that a lot of Trump supporters are Republican voters who want nothing more than to get rid of the "elites" & the party as it stands.
If they give the nomination to somebody else, I see a boycott of this election handing the Dems a win & the establishment types out of a job.
This is more about Republicans (Leadership) screwing their voters than it is about Trump.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:40 AM

Quote:
This exactly what seems to be happening. Jeb is signing party delegates quietly, especially the ones that supported Bush1 and Bush2.

Slipping in polls, Jeb Bush pushes to rack up establishment endorsements

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...74b_story.html

Interesting that people from both parties are not happy with their anointed selections.

Last edited by Rajoo; 08-29-2015 at 09:44 AM.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:50 AM
Banned

Since Trump isn't really a Republican & Sanders isn't really a Democrat, maybe they should go rogue with a Trump/Sanders Independent ticket.
That would be a kick in the crotch to the two parties.

Last edited by djv8ga; 08-29-2015 at 09:55 AM.
Old 08-29-2015, 10:40 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by djv8ga View Post
Since Trump isn't really a Republican & Sanders isn't really a Democrat, maybe they should go rogue with a Trump/Sanders Independent ticket.
That would be a kick in the crotch to the two parties.
Trumpzilla isn't fit to shine Bernie's shoes.