Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-02-2014, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Besides being a nice guy what was so great about Reagan?
In retrospect Carter may have not have started this hatred of the government that Reagan sort of legitimized. If the tax rates on the very top had been kept higher we would not have the economic inequality today. I guess Bush II is to blame for that as well.

I wish I could take that vote back in 1980...should not have voted for a movie star that looked liked the Marlboro Man
I know what you saying, but it's different today. Today, if the rich can't make what they want then they simply send work offshore, and that costs us even more jobs. While I don't agree it is fair practice, one cannot deny they have us by the balls so to speak. Cut in to their earnings by demanding high wages, harsh EPA regulations, or collecting more taxes from them and they just close shop in the US knowing they can still win the game.

Last edited by hillbilly; 03-02-2014 at 09:35 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:44 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
Carter won the first round ok, but at the end of his first term he had become not so popular.

"Reagan won the election, carrying 44 states with 489 electoral votes to 49 electoral votes for Carter.''

Didn't Reagan make it a second term after that? Why didn't Carter?
I thought we were talking about the middle class disappearing? As to Reagan, I've got nothing good to say.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
I thought we were talking about the middle class disappearing? As to Reagan, I've got nothing good to say.
Web police

In the post above I got back on track.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:51 PM
Admin

Quote:
I know what you saying, but it's different today. Today, if the rich can't make what they want then they simply send work offshore, and that costs us even more jobs. While I don't agree it is fair practice, one cannot deny they have us by the balls so to speak. Cut in to their earnings by demanding high wages, harsh EPA regulations, or collecting more taxes from them and they just close shop in the US knowing they can still win the game.
Sounds like a recipe for disaster to let it continue but you're probably right, what you or I do or say won't amount to hill of crap in the grand scheme of things. I'll just keep on showing up to vote as long as they'll let me.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Sounds like a recipe for disaster to let it continue but you're probably right, what you or I do or say won't amount to hill of crap in the grand scheme of things. I'll just keep on showing up to vote as long as they'll let me.
It really sucks. If I knew a way to fix things I promise I would gladly spill my guts.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:29 PM
Admin

Quote:
Web police
I blame Sister Mary JJ from Tennessee.

Last edited by bobabode; 03-02-2014 at 10:36 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:34 PM
Admin

Quote:
It really sucks. If I knew a way to fix things I promise I would gladly spill my guts.
Just vote, man. That's all we've got left. Well, that and the guillotine.

Now can I send you a Democratic voter registration card? I promise not to tell anyone.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:12 AM
Area Man

When you hear a Conservative bloviating about the "free market" today, he is either a fool who doesn't realize it's the so-called "free market" that putting downward pressure on his wages, or a wannabe elitist tyrant that dreams of himself building great personal wealth on the backs of wage slaves.

Either way, it's nothing but bullshit. And, if you think we have problems now, just let these people have their way. Because it's nothing more than what we had prior to the last labor movement. Which was not all it's cracked up to be and at times, turned bloody.

Want to repeat history? Just keep this up.

Dave
Old 03-03-2014, 12:16 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Only in the industries that are transportable and most of those are already gone. Not all of them are.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
When you hear a Conservative bloviating about the "free market" today, he is either a fool who doesn't realize it's the so-called "free market" that putting downward pressure on his wages, or a wannabe elitist tyrant that dreams of himself building great personal wealth on the backs of wage slaves.

Either way, it's nothing but bullshit. And, if you think we have problems now, just let these people have their way. Because it's nothing more than what we had prior to the last labor movement. Which was not all it's cracked up to be and at times, turned bloody.

Want to repeat history? Just keep this up.

Dave
Question Dave Whats the last labor movement? Are you talking about the Union labor wars?