Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-23-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Sorry, you didn't get it.

Just slapping an 'idiocy' label on the 'white house' is a way to reject what they say, while telling us nothinig other than that you want to. "Idiot' is in fact a nonsense label; whatever one may think of them, they are not idiots. So, idiocy is a meaningless noise in this context, like parciposity.
Oh, I got it. The fact that you're still running with it is hilarious.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:10 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Oh, I got it. The fact that you're still running with it is hilarious.
Parciposity! Pure parciposity!
Old 10-23-2013, 01:12 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
I agree, but there's an absolute limit to what you can spend, my take.

My experience was many, many of the employees in the juvenile system were dedicated individuals making far less than they could have elsewhere, however, in the JDs for hardened minor criminals (they exist and they're as bad as any hardened adult) there is little room for that kind of rehabilitation, the cost of simply housing them becomes prohibitive and most degreed individuals would of course prefer to work with kids more likely to change, you end up with prison guards.

ANY guard that allows or encourages bad behavior should be punished in any system. Hopefully Chas will chime in.

Btw, the Cleveland DH (serving the whole county) was one of the worst in the country for a long time. Building the new one was a patronage boon, think of the cash that could've gone to rehab.

Pete
You seem to speak from extensive experience here. Your observations seem quite sound to me.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:28 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Parsiposity! Pure parsiposity!
Fixed that for you, Don.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:29 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Not exactly extensive But in the local and a 6 month vacation at something much like a boot camp, which was an old CCC dorm in the middle of a forest.

On that old DH they also used it to park kids parentless for some reason, taken away etc. Even for rough teens it was heartbreaking to see little kids being treated much like us, dragging their stuffed animals and blankets shuffling off to the yard or cafeteria.

The heads of the machine here skimmed MILLIONS off the new DH.

Pete
Old 10-23-2013, 01:51 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
You been listening to Pink Floyd's Animals Dave? lol

LOVE that album!
Old 10-23-2013, 01:55 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
I agree, but there's an absolute limit to what you can spend, my take.

My experience was many, many of the employees in the juvenile system were dedicated individuals making far less than they could have elsewhere, however, in the JDs for hardened minor criminals (they exist and they're as bad as any hardened adult) there is little room for that kind of rehabilitation, the cost of simply housing them becomes prohibitive and most degreed individuals would of course prefer to work with kids more likely to change, you end up with prison guards.

ANY guard that allows or encourages bad behavior should be punished in any system. Hopefully Chas will chime in.

Btw, the Cleveland DH (serving the whole county) was one of the worst in the country for a long time. Building the new one was a patronage boon, think of the cash that could've gone to rehab.

Pete
Has privatization and adding profit motive made that any better?

Dave
Old 10-23-2013, 02:17 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Nah Dave, very similar overall imo, cronyish and handwashing, screw the kids. The balance of gov't doesn't care as long as they get their early retirement.

Hereabouts the local governments are starting to allow their 'units' like cops and fire to bid on jobs in neighboring townships, like private contractors, and they occasionally win. Like the cops in Camden NJ too. Perhaps the same should be done with this, on top of flaying the bums who abuse the kids.

Pete
Old 10-23-2013, 02:39 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Fixed that for you, Don.

Oh no you don't. You're trying to alter my word, by making 'parci' into 'parsi.' But Parsi of course is the name of a language, and has nothing at all to do with the meaning of the word parciposity.

A word which I created, and over which I claim sole authority! My lawyers will be in touch.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:51 PM
Admin

We don't need no more stinkin' lawyers! I amend my rewriting of your word TM to parseposity.