Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
We no longer need as many, but we have even more. This is the Achilles Heel of our current tack. Not everyone is going to have the ability to be a manager, engineer, professional or business owner. We create millions more "workers" every year, then find ingenius ways to create less work for them to do and actively seek to make what work is left less and less rewarding.

This growing disparity can only lead to disaster. And it will. If you think we have a mess now, wait another ten or twenty years. If we fail to create enough decent jobs for the boneheads of this world in the coming decades, we will fall into utter chaos.

I leave you with that happy thought.

Dave
A plan that corporate America just loves. Screw the poor - they won't buy our products anyway. Lets keep shipping jobs overseas so that the next quarters results look ok.

I am likely more optimistic than you are on this. I forsee the US economy totally going down the tubes, the dollar crashing in value,and all of a sudden, the cheap labor pool will be here.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:25 PM
Loyal Opposition

Hey, Bigerik, thanks for creating some jobs. Come to think of it, we haven't given Chas the credit he deserves for keeping his guys working. Thanks to you too Chas.

I do believe that, in general, small business owners have more concern for their workers than the corporations. I think this comes from working closely with them and seeing them as real people with real issues, rather than a line on the balance sheet.

The downside is that they don't often have the resources to provide the benefits that some larger companies can. Some larger corporations, Costco, for example, have a reputation for being employee friendly. Some like Wal-Mart will pinch every penny they can out of labor costs. Overall, most big businesses will pay as little as the market will let them get away with, and in these times, that's not much.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 07-18-2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Hey, Bigerik, thanks for creating some jobs. Come to think of it, we haven't given Chas the credit he deserves for keeping his guys working. Thanks to you too Chas.

I do believe that, in general, small business owners have more concern for their workers than the corporations. I think this comes from working closely with them and seeing them as real people with real issues, rather than a line on the balance sheet.

The downside is that they don't often have the resources to provide the benefits that some larger companies can. Some larger corporations, Costco, for example, have a reputation for being employee friendly. Some like Wal-Mart will pinch every penny they can out of labor costs. Overall, most big businesses will pay as little as the market will let them get away with, and in these times, that's not much.

Regards,

D-Ray
Don't thank me, thank my customers. All I do is ride around in a pickup getting rich.

And how do I know I'm getting rich? I got hit with the AMT a couple of years ago. On 30K worth of wages and dividends.

It's good to know I'm not poor, since the IRS has determined to whack me with the millionaire's tax.

BTW, I'm not worried about the value of the Yankee dollar collapsing...it already has. And if our national debt becomes unmanageable, (if???) we can always refinance our debt and pay it off in inflated dollars. Hell, we've been supporting the IMF for years, the least they can do is bail us out.

Now it will be kind of rough on the "small people" who will watch their life savings inflated away, but what the hell, the international bankers will survive to screw us again.

I don't understand why so many people think we have a problem. Our masters have the situation firmly under control.

I'm just hoping I die before we become the Weimar Republic of America.

Chas
Old 07-19-2010, 12:03 AM
Loyal Opposition

Lets just hope that our republic doesn't face the same fate as the Weimar Republic. Our wingnuts are bad, but couldn't hold a candle to the right wing government that ran roughshod over the German Constitution.

I don't think our right wing is bent on totalitarianism. They simply aid and abet the conversion of our republican form of government into a corporatacracy. The drift toward the surrender to corporate power has been underway for awhile. In the long run, we won't be conquered, we'll just be bought out.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 07-19-2010, 07:03 AM
Resident octogenarian

Here is an even happier thought; back in the eighties when we had ~3 million illegals we gave them amnesty and citizenship. So now we have ~12 million illegals and they want to offer them a path to citizenship. Twenty more years down the road will we have ~48 million illegals?
Old 07-19-2010, 08:40 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Here is an even happier thought; back in the eighties when we had ~3 million illegals we gave them amnesty and citizenship. So now we have ~12 million illegals and they want to offer them a path to citizenship. Twenty more years down the road will we have ~48 million illegals?
Yeh, but the Gipper did it in the '80's so it's gotta be right (not to mention divinely inspired).
Old 07-19-2010, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Lets just hope that our republic doesn't face the same fate as the Weimar Republic. Our wingnuts are bad, but couldn't hold a candle to the right wing government that ran roughshod over the German Constitution.

I don't think our right wing is bent on totalitarianism. They simply aid and abet the conversion of our republican form of government into a corporatacracy. The drift toward the surrender to corporate power has been underway for awhile. In the long run, we won't be conquered, we'll just be bought out.

Regards,

D-Ray
I'm more concerned about hyperinflation that another Hitler.

One thing about Americans, we hate our politicians guts. If a real Hitler showed up, everyone would be gunning for him.

Chas
Old 07-19-2010, 09:32 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

One thing about Americans, we hate our politicians guts. If a real Hitler showed up, everyone would be gunning for him.

Chas
I'd like to think so. However, whether they know it or not, I think a lot of the extreme right would like somebody far closer to Adolph than any of us here would like to think possible.

Hell, Chimp/Cheney were too close to Adolph for my own tastes and the far right thinks they were too liberal. Granted, it's a gross exageration, but the ideal candidate for the wingnuts wouldn't be far on the political spectrum from those who instigated the Beer Hall Putsch.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:36 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

Chas
No they wouldn't.

Not if he waived the flag around, quoted Reagan, promised tax cuts, made subtly racist innuendo, promoted American militarism and claimed to be "Born Again". They would vote for him in droves. Probably organize massive demonstrations to show their support.

Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TPcrowd2.jpg (96.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg TPcrowd3.jpg (33.6 KB, 6 views)
Old 07-19-2010, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
No they wouldn't.

Not if he waived the flag around, quoted Reagan, promised tax cuts, made subtly racist innuendo, promoted American militarism and claimed to be "Born Again". They would vote for him in droves. Probably organize massive demonstrations to show their support.

Dave
Or made up BS excuses to attack other sovereign nations, cut civil liberties in the name of security, etc.