in keeping this site going.

Old 02-24-2016, 08:24 PM
Admin

Love it, Raj.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:17 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Trump can't win in a national election too many negatives. It is one thing to win a primary made up of Tea Party voters, another to run in a general election with a ton of negatives. He may have the working class disaffected white vote but he won't get much else. Women, African-Americans, and Latinos will join Hillary to put her over the top.
Thanks for the reply although I don't agree.

Hillary has bleed women supporters, TRump will have a different set of talking points. I have seen him get a cold reaction from a crowd and change his "view" right there on the podium. It's what all politicians do but Trump does it better than any ever has and on the spot. Not a week later after consulting with every self-important handler or adviser.

Plus he's a social liberal at heart and will have great appeal to the suburban vote in the general who are simply feed up with business as usual.

All that said, IMO and I have said this since the summer, we will have a President come from the GOP. Hill and Bernie are simply not electable.

I'd rather have Trump than Opie, Rafael or Dr. "I took a hammer to my mom, honest, I did!"
Old 02-25-2016, 07:29 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
And Trump is the answer? The solutiuon?
not sure how you jump to that conclusion

Trump is simply the alternative, like it or not.

People would rather roll the dice than go with the same old same old.

I am hopping to win the senate as a result of the GOP not allowing a SCOTUS appointment.

Then when Trump takes the reigns he nominates a middle of the road guy for the court and shifts back to his core beliefs while patting the right on the head.

I know you worry about big business having a brother in Trump at the wheel but Bernie is not getting elected and big business gets what they want with every other candidate as well, not just Trump. Hill is gonna "change the big business advantages" lol
Old 02-25-2016, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
Thanks for the reply although I don't agree.

Hillary has bleed women supporters, TRump will have a different set of talking points. I have seen him get a cold reaction from a crowd and change his "view" right there on the podium. It's what all politicians do but Trump does it better than any ever has and on the spot. Not a week later after consulting with every self-important handler or adviser.

Plus he's a social liberal at heart and will have great appeal to the suburban vote in the general who are simply feed up with business as usual.

All that said, IMO and I have said this since the summer, we will have a President come from the GOP. Hill and Bernie are simply not electable.

I'd rather have Trump than Opie, Rafael or Dr. "I took a hammer to my mom, honest, I did!"
I hear what saying but I think you underestimate America. Plus I think Trump really believes in his simple-minded ideas like birtherism and "making good deals" etc. That will be exposed in the debates and light of a general election.

Trump is a good showman...lacks the intelligence needed to go along with that.
LBJ,Nixon, FDR and a host of other Presidents demonstrate the intellectual and political skills needed to be successful.
Old 02-25-2016, 09:54 AM

Donald Dumb (thanks HK ) really does not know what it takes to be President, only that he wants the job and believes he will do the best job. And now he has a clear path to the nomination because of the anti-establishment mood of the GOP electorate.

In the general election it's not whether his weaknesses are exposed (simply put he is totally unqualified), but who he is going to be up against. Weaker candidate lose. Kerry and Romney are recent examples.
Old 02-25-2016, 10:02 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
I hear what saying but I think you underestimate America. Plus I think Trump really believes in his simple-minded ideas like birtherism and "making good deals" etc. That will be exposed in the debates and light of a general election.

Trump is a good showman...lacks the intelligence needed to go along with that.
LBJ,Nixon, FDR and a host of other Presidents demonstrate the intellectual and political skills needed to be successful.
Nixon was so successful that he quit and ran away when the going got tough.

LBJ was such a success that he didn't run for his second term.
Old 02-25-2016, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post

His own party told him to leave. They told him that they would vote for impeachment if he stayed. If his party had backed him he would have never resigned.
Old 02-25-2016, 10:06 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post
Donald Dumb (thanks HK ) really does not know what it takes to be President, .
Obie did?
Old 02-28-2016, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post

This shows a superficial understanding of both men.

I would suggest you read the first volume of Caro's Path To Power (I need to read the rest of them).

Both men struggled to rise up from harsh circumstances through sheer ambition and political acumen and ended up making significant changes to America, both good and bad,
Old 02-28-2016, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
Obie did?
We knew for a fact that Obama had read the constitution a few times.