Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-27-2016, 05:46 PM

A Breitpart pick for State would be scary indeed.
Old 11-27-2016, 05:57 PM
Ready

The State pick will tell the story. If it's another Islamic menace warrior, we're invading Iran.
Old 11-27-2016, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
The State pick will tell the story. If it's another Islamic menace warrior, we're invading Iran.
Yes

The odd thing is that Trump seems to be supportive of Putin and by extension Iran in Syria since both of those nations are supporting Assad. Why would he jettison the nuclear deal then and threaten conflict with an ally against ISIS?

I kind of see Trump working with Iran to achieve that country's aim in Syria while they slyly let Trump think he wins while he dismantles the US part of the nuclear deal. Then Iran gets two things they want while duping Trump, Assad and nukes. I can't really imagine any American president dumb enough to invade Iran with ground troops but this is Trump we are talking about. I see more of a guy boasting about "good deals" while strategic policy goes down the toilet.

In other words in domestic politics I can see Trump stopping Carrier from going to Mexico and then doing nothing but run his businesses while resting on the laurels of a "good deal." The guy is superficial intellectually.

Last edited by icenine; 11-27-2016 at 07:49 PM.
Old 11-28-2016, 08:50 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
The xenophobia of the Trump supporters is highly over hyped.
No it isn't.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:01 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Chronology

3 November 1969: Received letter from Violet Boggs, clerk of Local Board No. 112, Clearwater, Fla. ordering me to report to AFEES (Armed Forces Entry and Examination Station) Jacksonville, Fl on Nov. 24th, 1969 for induction into the Armed Forces of the United States.

4 November 1969: Enlisted in the United States Air Force to avoid pending induction.

1 Dec. 1969: The first draft lottery numbers went into effect. I drew 298 which would never have been called. The highest they got to was something like 195. So I missed getting out of the military and going to Vietnam by one fucking month. At the time I thought I was the most unlucky SOB ever. But looking back on it, I'm glad it went the way it did. I am proud to be a Veteran, even though I only enlisted under duress of the draft and only served as an REMF.
Ha, Ha, Ha.......!

Proud to be a veteran of a war and military service you wanted to avoid?

No wonder why you're a fan of Donnie "Bone Spurs" Trump. Jesus, what passes for a "hawk" these days is amazing. Monty Python couldn't have conceived of this.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Ha, Ha, Ha.......!

Proud to be a veteran of a war and military service you wanted to avoid?

No wonder why you're a fan of Donnie "Bone Spurs" Trump. Jesus, what passes for a "hawk" these days is amazing. Monty Python couldn't have conceived of this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25Qhbdijv5Y
Old 11-28-2016, 09:34 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Ha, Ha, Ha.......!

Proud to be a veteran of a war and military service you wanted to avoid?.
Absolutely.

I count on the fingers of one hand the number of my fellow GI's that wanted to be in Vietnam when I was there. But like me they served and served honorably.
And I am unapologetically proud of that.

Lets be honest Bluestreak.

Your problem isn't that I'm proud to be a vet.

Your problem is that I have jumped on the Trump train.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:38 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Making fun of Veterans now.

And taking advantage of the fact that I've declared a 72 hour cease fire.

The rest of my response will just have to wait as I am a man of my word.
Old 11-28-2016, 10:02 AM
Ready

Quote:
Absolutely.

I count on the fingers of one hand the number of my fellow GI's that wanted to be in Vietnam when I was there. But like me they served and served honorably.
And I am unapologetically proud of that.

Lets be honest Bluestreak.

Your problem isn't that I'm proud to be a vet.

Your problem is that I have jumped on the Trump train.
Your vet pride is compensation.

The Trump train is only the latest and greatest overcompensation.
Old 11-28-2016, 10:39 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report)—Just days after picking Betsy DeVos to run the Department of Education, President-elect Donald Trump has tapped another wealthy outsider by naming Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzmán to head the Drug Enforcement Administration.

In an official statement, Trump said that El Chapo’s “tremendous success in the private sector” showed that he has what it takes to “shake things up” at the D.E.A.

Trump’s appointment of the former drug lord surprised many in Washington, in no small part because acrimony between the two allegedly prompted El Chapo, in 2015, to put a hundred-million-dollar bounty on Trump’s head.

But, appearing on CNN, the Trump surrogate Kellyanne Conway said that the selection of El Chapo should surprise no one. “Mr. Trump always said that he would surround himself with the best people,” she said.

When asked why Trump had readily offered a job to El Chapo while still mulling the fate of another former adversary, Mitt Romney, Conway said, “El Chapo might not have voted for Mr. Trump, but that’s because he’s Mexican and in jail, and Mitt Romney is neither.”

The appointment of the former drug kingpin is far from a done deal, however, as associates of El Chapo report that he is “concerned” that being a member of the Trump Administration would be bad for his brand.