Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-21-2018, 11:41 AM

I am not sure if Trump (or his A-team) is smart enough to have colluded with Russia, unwittingly perhaps, but not directly. But on the money laundering issue, I believe is very vulnerable. I will bet on this especially considering Bannon's initial comments upon eviction from the WH.

If Trump is indeed is guilty of collusion, his advisors should be forcing him to cut a deal with Mueller and resign. History will be kinder. This is just my own opinion.

PS: His unwillingness to release his tax filings has always been a red flag with me.
Old 02-21-2018, 12:08 PM

Does not matter a hill of beans if it done was by them by intelligent design, or played along with even fooled.

All that is, an excuse not a defense!

Barney
Old 02-21-2018, 12:46 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

New charges have been filed in Special Counsel Robert Mueller's criminal case against former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and aide Rick Gates, but the charges were put under seal by the court, obscuring the nature and import of the development.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...al-case-419685
Old 02-21-2018, 04:58 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

President Donald Trump's former campaign chairman Paul Manafort is reportedly under scrutiny for a suspected $16 million bribe from a banker who wanted to be on Trump's Cabinet.

NBC News reported Wednesday that special counsel Robert Mueller's latest focus is Manafort's possible involvement with Stephen Calk, the president of the Chicago-based Federal Savings Bank. Mueller's team has homed in on Manafort in the investigation into Russian meddling in the US presidential election and the Trump campaign's possible involvement.

The allegations that Mueller's team is looking into claim that Manafort promised Calk he would grant him a spot on Trump's cabinet if Calk gave Manafort $16 million in home loans for properties in New York City and the Hamptons.

http://www.businessinsider.com/muell...en-calk-2018-2
Old 02-21-2018, 05:24 PM

Manafort’s such a swell guy! A pillar of his community. A paragon of decency. I’d want him running my campaign, wouldn’t you?
Old 02-21-2018, 08:03 PM

There is still this little nagging item. Excess funds were promised to charity but we all know where Trump's charitable contributions go.

Trump's Inauguration Money Is Still Missing One Year After His Administration Took Control of the White House

Quote:
Trump's inauguration committee raised a record-breaking $107 million as his administration prepared to assume the White House last year, but very little has been disclosed about where the remaining money was allocated. As the one-year anniversary of Trump's inauguration approaches, a government watchdog group is questioning why the funds disappeared, and a congressman is proposing legislation to keep future administrations from obscuring their own inaugural donations.
http://www.newsweek.com/trump-inaugu...missing-783934
Old 02-21-2018, 08:55 PM
Admin

If anyone ever says we need a businessman to run our government again?
Run the other way.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:47 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

New charges were filed Thursday against former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and his business partner, ratcheting up the legal pressure on them as they prepare for a trial later this year.

A new indictment has long been expected in special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s prosecution of Manafort and his right-hand man, Rick Gates, on fraud and money laundering charges. Manafort served as President Trump’s campaign chairman from June to August 2016. Gates also served as a top official on Trump’s campaign. The new indictment contains 32 counts, including tax charges.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...8eb_story.html

That's up from 12 counts.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:08 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
New charges were filed Thursday against former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and his business partner, ratcheting up the legal pressure on them as they prepare for a trial later this year.

A new indictment has long been expected in special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s prosecution of Manafort and his right-hand man, Rick Gates, on fraud and money laundering charges. Manafort served as President Trump’s campaign chairman from June to August 2016. Gates also served as a top official on Trump’s campaign. The new indictment contains 32 counts, including tax charges.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...8eb_story.html

That's up from 12 counts.
Just following the money.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:23 PM

Lots of free time on his hands to take singing lessons.