Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-31-2015, 06:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post
You got flippant with the marijuana answer so you disqualified yourself. I was comparing the charges/punishment between the two here in CA.
Cops smoke weed LOL, if your in San Francisco their not going to wast their time taking you in and writing a report for a bag of weed.
Old 08-31-2015, 07:00 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
We have no loopholes at gun shows in Cal, hell there isn't any gun at the shows here now.
Perzactly. We were talking about Aridzona and Nevada where the loophole is big enough to drive a semi through it. Try to keep up.
Old 08-31-2015, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Cops smoke weed LOL, if your in San Francisco their not going to wast their time taking you in and writing a report for a bag of weed.
You still don't get it do you? I was trying to point out that the punishment for carrying a gun vs. an ounce+ marijuana is the same except I could kill with the gun. Try not to post (by quoting me) if you cannot understand nor add to the conversation.

I am not really interested in your opinion if it is not qualified and it seldom is. You seem to post as if you were swatting a fly.
Old 08-31-2015, 07:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Perzactly. We were talking about Aridzona and Nevada where the loophole is big enough to drive a semi through it. Try to keep up.
Your the one that posted a Nation Wide Poll but you keep just talking about AZ.

I just brought up that CA. is the model of the Law.
Old 08-31-2015, 07:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
The handgun would be taken you would be charged a mistimeaner that carries a small fine.

The weed they might take for their own use and tell you to get lost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post
You still don't get it do you? I was trying to point out that the punishment for carrying a gun vs. an ounce+ marijuana is the same except I could kill with the gun. Try not to post (by quoting me) if you cannot understand nor add to the conversation.

I am not really interested in your opinion if it is not qualified and it seldom is. You seem to post as if you were swatting a fly.
No you still don't understand.

If you read my post above the punishment is not the same at all.

You get aressted with the gun, you loose the gun, you go to court and get a fine and have it on your record.

The weed none of the above will happen.
Old 08-31-2015, 07:54 PM
Area Man

Eventually, there will be no choice. The harder they resist the uglier it will be when the time for tolerating the gun lobbies bullshit will run out. They are turning this country into a giant Somalia and it needs to stop.

There is only one reason why this country even has such a horrendous problem in the first place---The 2nd Amendment as we currently interpret it. It may have been somewhat of a necessity 240 years ago, but it is an extreme burden today and it needs to go away.

If you don't like it........Leave.....or use that last bullet on yourself, I don't really care which.

Last edited by BlueStreak; 08-31-2015 at 07:56 PM.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Eventually, there will be no choice. The harder they resist the uglier it will be when the time for tolerating the gun lobbies bullshit will run out. They are turning this country into a giant Somalia and it needs to stop.

There is only one reason why this country even has such a horrendous problem in the first place---The 2nd Amendment as we currently interpret it. It may have been somewhat of a necessity 240 years ago, but it is an extreme burden today and it needs to go away.

If you don't like it........Leave.....or use that last bullet on yourself, I don't really care which.
Such a wonderfull mood tonight Dave.

Did you go out the other night and see the supper moon?
Old 08-31-2015, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Who and what defines an assault weapon?
Pretty sure it was Hitler(coined the name Assault Rifle "Sturmgewehr") around 1943 with the MP43/StG44....

All military and like weapons since have looked and performed similar.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:01 PM
Banned

The term assault rifle is generally attributed to Adolf Hitler, who for propaganda purposes used the German word "Sturmgewehr" (which translates to "assault rifle"), as the new name for the MP43, subsequently known as the Sturmgewehr 44 or StG 44. Other sources dispute that Hitler had much to do with coining the new name besides signing the production order. The StG 44 is generally considered the first selective fire military rifle to popularize the assault rifle concept. Today, the term assault rifle is used to define firearms sharing the same basic characteristics as the StG 44

In a strict definition, a firearm must have at least the following characteristics to be considered an assault rifle
It must be an individual weapon
It must be capable of selective fire
It must have an intermediate-power cartridge: more power than a pistol but less than a standard rifle or battle rifle
Its ammunition must be supplied from a detachable box magazine
And it should have an effective range of at least 300 metres (330 yards)
Rifles that meet most of these criteria, but not all, are technically not assault rifles despite frequently being called such.

For example:
Select-fire M2 Carbines are not assault rifles; their effective range is only 200 meters.
Select-fire rifles such as the FN FAL battle rifle are not assault rifles; they fire full-powered rifle cartridges.
Semi-automatic-only rifles like variants of the Colt AR-15 are not assault rifles; they do not have select-fire capabilities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_rifle
Old 08-31-2015, 10:14 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
If you are trying to imitate 427 you're going to have to make a lot more spelling errors than that.