Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2020, 10:10 AM

What the Science of Addiction Tells Us About #DiaperDon
It turns out that your brain on grievances looks a lot like your brain on drugs. And that’s a problem not just for the outgoing president, but for the rest of us.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...diction-444570

Quote:
The hallmark of addiction is compulsive behavior despite harmful consequences. Trump’s unrelenting efforts to retaliate against those he believes have treated him unjustly (including, now, American voters) appear to be compulsive and uncontrollable. The harm this causes to himself and others is obvious but seems to have no deterrent effect. Reports suggest he has been doing this for much of his life. He seems powerless to stop. He also seems to derive a great deal of pleasure from it.

The science of addiction provides another cautionary insight: Trump’s revenge habit hurts not only himself and the targets of his retaliatory wrath, but the rest of us, too.
Donny's addicted to revenge for perceived sleights. Sad little druggie.
Old 12-18-2020, 11:28 AM
Rational Anarchist

And you appear to be muched aggrieved about Trump and those you perceive to support him.

Just say no.
Old 12-18-2020, 12:49 PM

Bombshell: The Boy Prince helped create 'campaign' shell company that secretly paid Trump's family members

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...family-members

Grifters, all.
Old 12-21-2020, 08:19 AM

Smile Oh Happy Day

https://gvwire.com/2020/12/15/twitte...n-day-onwards/

This will likely happen not long after Biden takes office and #DiaperDon takes to Twitter.
Old 12-22-2020, 08:25 AM

#DiaperDon turns on everyone

https://www.axios.com/trump-white-ho...3b18529c9.html

Quote:
President* Trump, in his final days, is turning bitterly on virtually every person around him, griping about anyone who refuses to indulge conspiracy theories or hopeless bids to overturn the election, several top officials tell Axios.

The latest: Targets of his outrage include Vice President Pence, chief of staff Mark Meadows, White House counsel Pat Cipollone, Secretary of State Pompeo and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.

Why it matters: Trump thinks everyone around him is weak, stupid or disloyal — and increasingly seeks comfort only in people who egg him on to overturn the election results. We cannot stress enough how unnerved Trump officials are by the conversations unfolding inside the White House.

Top officials are trying to stay away from the West Wing right now.
25th amendment time, you cowards!
Old 12-22-2020, 01:06 PM

Y'know, I half expect Bunker-Boy to make his announcement to run again in 2024 from the Oval Office Jan 20th at the same time President-Elect Biden is getting sworn in.
Old 12-22-2020, 03:58 PM

DiaperDon's Longtime Banker at Deutsche Bank Resigns
Rosemary Vrablic, who oversaw hundreds of millions of dollars in loans to President Trump’s company, will leave the bank next week.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/22/b...y-vrablic.html

Quote:
President* Trump’s longtime banker at Deutsche Bank, who arranged for the German lender to make hundreds of millions of dollars of loans to his company, is stepping down from the bank.

Rosemary Vrablic, a managing director and senior banker in Deutsche Bank’s wealth management division, recently handed in her resignation, which the bank accepted, according to a bank spokesman, Daniel Hunter.

“I’ve chosen to resign my position with the bank effective Dec. 31 and am looking forward to my retirement,” Ms. Vrablic, 60, said in a statement on Tuesday.

The reasons for Ms. Vrablic’s abrupt resignation were not clear. Deutsche Bank in August opened an internal review into a 2013 real estate transaction between Ms. Vrablic and a company owned in part by Jared Kushner, the son-in-law of Mr. Trump and a client of Ms. Vrablic’s. Dominic Scalzi, a longtime colleague of Ms. Vrablic’s who played a role in that transaction, will also leave the bank.
Hmmmmm....
Old 12-22-2020, 04:01 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
And you appear to be muched aggrieved about Trump and those you perceive to support him.

Just say no.
Why the trolling, Bob?
Old 12-22-2020, 06:06 PM

^^^^ I've stopped paying him any attention. I mean, he's a libertarian - how could one possibly be less relevant?

DiaperDon Has Reached the ‘Railing Against Mike Pence’ Bunker Phase

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/arti...use-leave.html
Old 12-22-2020, 08:48 PM

The era (error?) of tRump, the WH years, is gonna take several chapters in the history books. The time between election day and inauguration day, especially the last month, will be real interesting. I just hope there is someone nearby who can drop a net on him should the need arise.