Go Back   Political Forums > The Unemployment Line
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2010, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I grew up in a backwoods "Jerkwater" town called Newton Falls, Ohio. But, never took to the country life. Actually, I hate it. Most of you already know my sentiments on that, so I'll leave sleepin' dogs lie.
I couldn't wait to get out. I loved living in San Francisco and Berkeley. But when I had kids, I kinda wanted to get back. Growing up in the country was great. We used to spend the whole summer just riding around on our bikes. Our parents knew we'd never get in any trouble 'cause there wasn't any to get into.

But the country life isn't what it used to be. The town I grew up in looks like a slum now. Doesn't seem like there are any normal family folks there anymore. There are some faux yuppies in some new sub divisions who are, well- not my type. Everyone else seems like they're poor as dirt. The houses in the part of town I grew up in are all run down. Lots of drugs gong on out there now. I never thought I'd see that. That Meth deal is a bad one. I guess it's like they say- you can't go back home.