Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > The Unemployment Line
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-19-2010, 03:28 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Hitler, meet Hitler. Nice to meet you, Hitler. You too, Hitler.

Pete
Old 11-19-2010, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
I've said it before Pete- we're closer on most things than a lot of folks would think. Gets back to that thing I like to say about the TV jerks who try to divide people like you and me. Olberman would have me believe you're Hitler. Limbaugh would have you believe I'm... well, also Hitler. Hitler is really popular with those guys.
Wull, mebee I ain't one of them Hitler fellers, but I'm fur sure one of them ignert hillbillys.

And I like it like that!!!

Chas

PS: Doan be messin' with muh corn squezzins, effin ya know what's good fer ya.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:44 PM

Chas, I thought you were in the south somewhere, aren't you? You know I grew up in Mt. Orab, Ohio located where S.R. 68 crosses S.R 32 (from wikipedia) "also known as the James A. Rhodes Appalachian Highway." Now if you're a hillbilly, what does that make me?
Old 11-19-2010, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Chas, I thought you were in the south somewhere, aren't you? You know I grew up in Mt. Orab, Ohio located where S.R. 68 crosses S.R 32 (from wikipedia) "also known as the James A. Rhodes Appalachian Highway." Now if you're a hillbilly, what does that make me?
A somewhat Northeastern hillbilly, I reckon.

I'm from Missouri, on the top edge of the Ozarks. While I may have killed my 1st squirrel over 45 yrs ago by knocking it out of a tree with a walnut, after which I chased it down and "squooze" it to death, I'm pretty much a citified hillbilly.

Now don't get me wrong, I've lived in shacks so far out in the woods that the chickens fornicated with the hoot owls, had an outhouse, killed what I ate and ate what I killed, etc, etc.

But I'm also currently conversing with you via the WWW and listening to Concord Jazz on Hornshoppes w valve amplification.

I may be from Bugtussell, but I'm not from Brumley. They do grow 'em ignert down there.

Chas
Old 11-19-2010, 09:55 PM

Well, shoot. No idea where I got that idea. Hell, we're both mid-west rednecks.

It's funny, when I was a kid, all us country folks were Democrats. I used to go to the "Brown County (Ohio) Democrats Club" meetings with my dad and Uncle. Everybody who was anybody, at least in our little world, was there.

Oh well, times change.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Well, shoot. No idea where I got that idea. Hell, we're both mid-west rednecks.

It's funny, when I was a kid, all us country folks were Democrats. I used to go to the "Brown County (Ohio) Democrats Club" meetings with my dad and Uncle. Everybody who was anybody, at least in our little world, was there.

Oh well, times change.
Well Ed, I'm proud of you for leaving Nowheres USA and becoming what Elvin Bishop puts as "Home town boy does good."

The local banker would be proud of ya!!!

Myself, I'm a version of "Home town boy don't owe us nuttin." Besides, I have a reputation of being half drunk, half nuts, and heavily armed.

I'm the turtle in the small pond.

Chas
Old 11-20-2010, 05:05 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Well, shoot.
don't ever say this to a redneck!!!!
Old 11-20-2010, 05:49 PM
Area Man

I grew up in a backwoods "Jerkwater" town called Newton Falls, Ohio. But, never took to the country life. Actually, I hate it. Most of you already know my sentiments on that, so I'll leave sleepin' dogs lie.

Now, I'm just a "Fool for the City"...............

Dave
Old 11-21-2010, 08:30 AM
Resident octogenarian

Funny, I grew up in a village in Quebec that my uncle and a partner started. maybe two thousand people in the summer, less in winter when all the city folk went back to Montreal and closed their houses. Only 21 homesites here on the Court and that is just fine.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:00 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

But I'm also currently conversing with you via the WWW and listening to Concord Jazz on Hornshoppes w valve amplification.
the more folks are different the more they are the same

I grew up on the city streets when puerto ricans were the Mexicans but as you I am sitting here "currently conversing with you via the WWW and listening to Concord Jazz..."